Texecom alarm

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Tony79, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Tony79

Tony79 New Member

Hi, new to the forum and can I ask does anyone have any knowledge of programming a Texecom elite 24 alarm system with an LCD-P keypad (DBC-0001) and if so was it a difficult task. Many thanks in advanced

2. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

It’s not difficult but wintex and a lead is a lot quicker and easier.

FlyByNight likes this.
  3. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

4. Tony79

Tony79 New Member

Thanks. Where would I get Wintex from?

5. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

6. FlyByNight

Cheap copies of the USB-COM lead appear on ebay occasionally, however I have nnever tried them and use a Texecom original.

The next stage after the lead is a programming boiard so you can update teh firmwre if you so wish!

7. Tony79

Tony79 New Member

Cheers for that. I’m trying to get my head around wiring the pir’s as I’m wanting to upgrade my alarm panel to the elite 24 and I’m told I need resistors in the pir’s as my current ones haven’t.

Attached Files:

8. Tony79

Tony79 New Member

Have I understood this right, so I’d take out the light blue wire from the pir alarm terminal and out of Z1 in the panel. Take out the green wire from tamper terminal and link with resistors from yellow across the 2 terminals and then the white wire from the last tamper terminal in pir to Z1 in the panel so Z1 will be yellow & white (as opposed to yellow & blue as it is at the minute)?

Attached Files:

9. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

remove the blue and green in the PIR, you need a 4k7 resistor and 2k2 resistor, one leg of the 4k7 resistor goes with the yellow in alarm, the other leg of the 4k7 resistor and one leg of the 2k2 resistor connect into the other alarm terminal, the leg you’ve got left over from the 2k2 resistor connects into the remaining tamper terminal, connect the yellow and white to the alarm/zone terminal in panel. The technical explanation is that the 4k7 resistor is in parallel and the 2k2 resistor is in series.

Tony79 likes this.
  10. FlyByNight

Which PIRs are you using?

Some have built in resistor options and selection of those give the correct EOL config.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2020
  11. FlyByNight

And are you just having 8 (or less) wired zones?

12. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Keypads have two zones, taking total to 10 if required.

13. FlyByNight

Yes, and the relevancy of that question is? NONE

Keypads have 4 wire zones not 2 wire.

14. Tony79

Tony79 New Member

They are Texecom Veritas Medusa AAC 1000

15. Tony79

Tony79 New Member

Yes, my current alarm has only 4 zones so I just want to upgrade the panel & keypad so I can use the smart com with the system. I took the front off a pir to look inside and the tamper didn’t activate which I thought was strange so on looking inside the actual panel the tamper wires from each zone have just been twisted together.

16. Tony79

Tony79 New Member

Brilliant thank you for that. So the diagram I drew is the correct method to wire and add the resistors?

Attached Files:

17. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

Yes spot on

Tony79 likes this.
  18. FlyByNight

Definitely no resistors in those. The Premier Elite range have them.

Yes your wiring diagram is correct.

Tony79 likes this.
  19. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Oh my, quite the keypad warrior eh?, Obviously isolation doesn't agree with you!.:cool:

The relevancy is, it's not hard, that one has TEN zones available, if required, not eight, on an Elite, or Premier, system consisting of one panel and one keypad, for the ops information only.

As for the keypad zone wiring, I suggest you stick to being a warrior, And maybe even purchase one of those humble pies I've heard about prior to your apology.:p.
    As you sure ain't installed many Texecom intruder systems judging by that comment!:rolleyes:

Regards-A seasoned intruder installation technician of circa 20 years.

sparky steve likes this.
  20. FlyByNight

Keyboard warrior? Don't think so.

I did my first alarm install back in around 1999. And now will only work with Texecom.

You obviously failed to understand that the OP was talking about using 2 wire EOL connections to the panel, whereas a keypad has a four wire connection. Why did I ask about 8 zones? Becasue if he was to neeed more then he would not need to worry about resistors and EOL.