the best cordless drill

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by oli lfc 101, Jan 30, 2007.

1. oli lfc 101

oli lfc 101 New Member

i want to buy a cordless drill probaly about an 18v what make of drill would you sugest? thanks

2. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

makita

3. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

got the dewalt,makita and bosch.believe it or not the bosch is i think the best and bosch now give 3year guarantee on all tools.

4. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

One of the festools either the TDK or the C12 depending on whether you want power against ability to get into small spaces. i would also advise on getting the complete set with all the accessories such as the eccentric chuck the right angle chuck the depth setting chuck and the centrotec chuck.

Shedmen

5. starlight tiles

stop it shedmen.just go for a decent make of drill mate that's all you need.leave festool for the diy'ers.

6. foxy

foxy New Member

Budget?

7. !!

!! New Member

panasonic

8. oli lfc 101

oli lfc 101 New Member

i dont mind how much i spend on a drill i just want the best 1 cheers

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Yeah leave the festool to Diyers. Their stuff is rubbish. I used that saw on a track its rubbish. What are you on about mazball/officeboy. festool is the nuts.the best investement you can make

10. damo

damo New Member

Id after agree with MAZBALL on this one. I bought an 18volt makita with 3 batteries for £175 about a year ago.
    I picked up a second hand bosch cordless with 2 batteries and charger (all work well), from a carboot for £20 to ease wear on the makita and it has the same amount of taulk as the makita plus the chuck doesnt release as easily.

11. starlight tiles

who are festool .or is it baffoon.go and play with your festoon goldenboy/chump or your train set.lads would laugh their rocks off on site anyone with a festoon.

12. two by one

two by one New Member

Festool are one of the top power tool makers in the world. You rarely see them on site because the kit is expensive. I prefer lighter drills to 18v as they are less tiring to use all day, but sometimes you need the capacity. However the latest lithium drills will change all that, as they do both.

13. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

Blue Bosch for me, but if money's no object, the Panasonic and Festool drills are luuuuurvly.....

14. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

15. !!

!! New Member

16. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

I've got a pair of those braces.

They're rubbish.......my trouser's still keep falling down.

17. handyman.

handyman. New Member

makita lithium 18v is what you want, really lightweight

18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

you keep embarassing yourself as much as you want mazball. If you seriously dont know about the quality of festool and reckon they are DIY kit then that just shows the level of your experience. That saw retails at £369 and is worth every penny.

19. starlight tiles

never seen a joiner yet with festool chump.ask the lads today and they just laughed.we use drills that we can get a 3year guarantee on,are widely recognised and are used by every tradesman everyday.yes tradesmen goldenboy.36v bosch,24v dewalt.say no more goldenballs.