the best cordless drill

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by oli lfc 101, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

Maybe it's only the "self employed gimp" joiners that use them.

(....btw you get a 3 year guarantee with Festool).

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Maybe that just sums up the crew of labourers you hang around with down the jobcentre. I've seen plenty of joiners and other trades with festool gear. Face it mate you really dont know what you are talking about. you keep on in your little dreamworld. Who are these imaginary 'lads' you keep referring to. Do they work on the same imaginary 'sites' you work on. Seriously you are really embarassing yourself

3. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

I generally try not to get drawn into the "tis" "tisn't" threads on the site. However I fell I should point out for the benefit of Mazball that Festool were the first manufacturer to offer the 3 year warranty and that is why Bosch, Metabo and some of the others have followed suit. Festool invented the orbital sander in 1951! one of the reasons the new C12 screwdriver / drill is so light is that it has a brushless motor.

Anyway as they always say you can lead a horse to water you can't make it drink.

Shedmen

4. starlight tiles

starlight tiles New Member

you stick to your festool golden.more than happy with bosch and makita.take a few pictures of your work son and let the lads see how good you proclaim to be.probably will still be waiting next year.no taking the pictures of the other joiners work gimp.

5. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

maz, you are a typical old fashioned british worker who chants the mantra "hand tools are all you need"

ive heard it so many times when i turn up with festool

i ALWAYS smile when a couple of months later i see the same ludite with festool gear

6. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

ps

bosch have a new jigsaw with an improved blade guide

they claim a "world first"

funny, ive been using a festool jigsaw for over 3 years with the same type of guide

7. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

......and I was that luddite.....;)

(....though don't remember claiming to convert 8x4 sheets with a handsaw !)

8. starlight tiles

no chance dirty deeds.been using power tools since the 80's son.never had a problem with bosch,makita or dewalt ludite.why change now.a friend of mine supplies all his lads with the power tools they want.guess what son ,it's all makita and dewalt.

9. starlight tiles

make your mind up dirty deeds on another post you've just said makita .what day is it.

10. starlight tiles

had a look at festool shedmen and thir tools look old fashioned mate.what's the biggest cordless drill they do cos on that site it only went upto 15.6v.their tools look like the one's they sell in makro.mentions nothing about 3year guarantee on their site,all it says 1 or 2 year guarantee.bit tacky for me champ.

11. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

mazball. your mate suppiles power tools. only agency guys and alltraders have to be supplied with tools

ps festool gets me work

i did a hoarding job today, you wouldnt even be considered for the tendering list, because you dont have festool kit

like todays hoarding job

12. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

forgot to answer your question on makita

todays hoarding job, makita for the screws, festool for the augering and tightening the holding down bolts

the festool 15.6v drill cant match the speed of the makita for screws BUT the makita hasnt got the impact to tighten holding down bolts AND the makita hasnt got the power to run 25mm auger bits

why wouldnt you get THIS PARTICULAR hoarding job without festool?

well the festool skil saw and jig saw are connected to a festool hazardous dust extractor and the job is in a hospital in harley street

wait and find out how many hospitals start to demand this level of tooling to get on a tendering list

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

so you are seriously telling me mazball that you have been working on sites since the 80's and have never encountered any one who uses festool gear. find that very hard to believe. More likely is that you have been working in the same office since the 80's and the only tools in your fantasy world are bosch(of which I have a fair few of the blue, dewalt( old elu kit is better, let me guess you have never heard of elu and the lads had a good laugh about it) and makita(fair few aswell). Have you heard of any of these DIY Brands. Virutex, Fein, Mafell,Elu,Panasonic etc. Bet the 'lads' on 'site' had a real laugh about them while they were smacking screws in with a hammer

14. starlight tiles

you chat bubbles golden.you certainly talk the talk lad.go and play.

15. starlight tiles

stop it dirty,cos you use festool tools they put you on their tenderig list,behave son.another one chatting spuds.all employers are legally bound now to supply power tools,safety boots and workwear.betcha you have no holidays,work in trainees and scruffy arl jeans.

16. starlight tiles

festool 15.6v drill,are you two avvin a tin bath.start cooking on gas lads and maybe try 18 volters and then maybe in a few years buy yourselves a second hand 24v or 36v.

17. starlight tiles

ay golden.as for smackin screws in with the hammer,that's what it's for innit.the drill is just for takin them out.yeeha.john wayne.

18. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

mazball

im self employed so i pay for my own holidays, i dont work in trainers and scruffy old jeans (or safety hat and hi vis jacket that are 10 years old)

however i am curious your statement that employers LEGALLY BOUND to supply power tools

what legislation. dont go all cute on me and say health and saftey (or i know you are talking rubbish)

youve made the statement, so put up or shut up

im genuinly interested if it saves me money and can quote it to somebody such that they listen and take notice

give me the act of parliement, its date, clause and sub clause

NOW, if you give me this information, VERY SPECIFICALLY
    that carpenters are not required to provide anything but hand tools

i will start a separate topic thanking you for your help

if not we know you are nothing but hot air

19. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member

tell you what mazball, lets make it easier for you

what legislation, clause and sub clause requires an employer to supply a TRADESMAN with power tools

the reason for this is that im DEAD CERTAIN you are nothing but a wind up merchant

my guess is that you intend to hide behind legislation that requires a hospital worker (not a tradesman) to be supplied with safety gloves to handle old needles

be aware we all know that an unskilled worker is not a tradesman

BE VERY AWARE

I WILL START A SEPARATE TOPIC OF THANKS IF YOU GIVE ME THE INFORMATION THAT WILL REQUIRE THE HOSPITAL TO GIVE ME THE FESTOOL SAW AND DUST EXTRACTOR I NEED TO DO THE JOB THEY WANT

any other information than that will confirm you talk cow pats

20. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have no employer mazball. That is what being self employed is all about. I work in safetys all the time. Have my company name on my shirts and take plenty of holidays thanks. you clearly have absolutely no idea what you are on about.