The trolls have changed their tack.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by chippie244, Apr 5, 2019.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There are two topics on here that are trolls having a laugh, good or bad?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yeah! reported!:cool:

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

'ditto':)

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I'm Peters favourite sneak though! :rolleyes:

KIAB likes this.
  5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

While they are just being amusing I don't mind.

KIAB likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not sure how helpful they are for the forum though .

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Changed my mind, the trolls are everywhere.

8. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

We should engage with them and term it around everyone has something of use to add just need to get them to taik

dinkydo likes this.
  9. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Hey GM. I think you are on to something here it’s obvious the moderators are powerless to stop the trolls all they can do is remove sometimes a good while after they have run a mock, and possibly given dangerous advice to a new person asking for advice,

So engage with them yeah I see the logic here, for my own part I have been practicing this with one or two trolls who have been members for years I must admit up to now I haven’t had any success in turning them around but I don’t like giving up on people, they are pretty obvious to spot, one repeatedly posts about major political issues of the day but his arguments are old or fake news and are posted in an attempt to trap the unwary, I must say he’s quite incoherent, another giveaway is a tendency to keep repeating words or phrases that are meaningless eg. Trevor, circle jerking, Troll on, monkey spanker, and a good few others, I consider this behaviour a form of psychosis ( Psychosis is a condition that causes people to perceive or interpret things differently from those around them. This might involve hallucinations or delusions ) for instance this £61,000 fine that has been handed to vote leave for allegedly exceeding the spending limit, in one of his threads he mentions it in no fewer than 20 of his posts (I counted) and in an effort to get a reaction he calls it electoral fraud now we all know if electoral fraud had been committed we would not be looking at a small fine but jail terms would be handed out, as we know the plod aren’t interested in this issue and it makes perfect sense to pay the fine rather than incur the costs of defending, even though it would appear obvious that vote leave would win the case as they have done every other time the bitter remain have accused them of foul play.

As I said GM I think your suggestion may have merit even though general advice seems to be don’t feed the troll, I await with interest if you decide to trial your idea.

Heat and longboat like this.
  10. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Trolls are a nightmare. Mental illness however its genetic and not curable. Just a fact of life but forums are a way they can play us all up. Worst thing to do it chat with them as that's why they are here.. Ignor and report. Don't feed the wolf, let it starve

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Gaslighting again tinky winky?

12. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Gaslighting . Brilliant.. Most won't know what that is or what personally dose that ..

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Dinkydoo and Longboat are big fans of it as you can see.

14. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

will trial if alowed as other people on the forum have reported me for this in the past but every needs help in one shape or another it is a cry for help so we all should help

chippie244 likes this.
  15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're a troll and a stalker, wow.

16. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Such an eloquent speaker.

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Isn't it funny how the trolls come back after you call them trolls,o_Oo_O

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Is it the narcissistic type who might even portray themselves as a 'victim', to recieve attention?

dinkydo and PhilSo like this.
  19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Brilliant, Trevor the Troll has broken ground and Phil the Fascist likes his post

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You were just trying to wind people up all along, then?
    You sly fox you.