The wonderful undemocratic corrupt failing EU

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by retiredsparks, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

I agree.

And 'phew'.

I would hate for Labour to get in to power whilst this debacle is going on, so I'm happy for the Tories to take the rap for Brexit, Corbyn to be turfed out as ineffectual* during this time (which he is) and then for a new new labour to take power afterwards. And thankfully they do have some terrific folk on board.

*If a credible Labour party were in opposition, then the Tories would have been out on their ear a good while ago. What carnage can they cause and still remain in power?! It's incredible - every news headline for the past couple of years has been utter hell! The only thing keeping the Tories remotely in power is an ineffectual opposition. So, thank you Corbyn - we don't want Labour to take the blame for this mess :)

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That would be a pretty short leaflet.

btiw2 likes this.
  3. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Rap?
    What rap?

The fear mongers have you brain washed.
    Hang on a minute, silly me.
    You are one of the many fear mongers.

PhilSo likes this.
  4. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Quite the contrary imo.

5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

6. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

(Seriously, who is Gringo?! It's like JJ only more stupid. 'Arry? :rolleyes: )

7. Gringo28

Gringo28 Active Member

Labour heart lands is where most of the leave votes came from.
    Of course no one is expecting their europhiles masters to respect democracy.
    Can't wait to see the after math if brexit is cancelled and the same labour europhiles go begging for votes.
    Your beloved labour could be out of power for quite some time.
    Brexit really is a triple edged sword.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    dinkydo and retiredsparks like this.
  8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

You're really not that importent.

btiw2 and Gringo28 like this.
  9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

This whole brexit debacle could easily end in a change of governments. Certainly be interesting if it did with the re-nationalisation of the railways and water company's.

10. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You don't have to reply to every single one of my posts you know. :)

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Ok.

3a116884945f870924f1ffd3f36fc015.png

Allsorts likes this.
  12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Now that would be a great excuse for us all to emigrate to somewhere in the EU.

13. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

Hey Gringo, what a wonderfully refreshing short post and straight to the point, we now await the multitude of pages penned by certain individuals in response, just as soon as they have sharpened their colouring crayons.

Gringo28 and retiredsparks like this.
  14. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

YoU 'R' A TwIt

15. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

How many pages would you like?

16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Never knew North Devon was a Labour stronghold

Thought you were all Liberal Demotwats.

17. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

You used the 't' word! I'm going to repo... ohIcan'tbearrised

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I think you are more than likely right, but, if you are primarily involved in exporting goods/services then shouldn't the fall in the pound be a positive indicator in terms of selling power?
    Maybe the margins between inport/export are extremely tight and you could be classed as both, I dunno?
    You know more about it than me.
    Well, yeah, I suppose that is true if taken as a whole that 'in aggregate' the cons outweigh the pros, as it stands today. What about tomorrow? The next day? The next year......?
    Could the trade deficit slowly swing round to a surplus, given such favourable conditions.?
    "Or am I being obtuse, Mr Dufrense?
    It was a vested interests sort of quip, that's all. You seem to be rightly concerned over the personal economic impact the, EU Ref has/may deliver to you.
    There's nothing wrong with that in the slightest, it's possible that I might have voted differently myself when faced with such a binary decision if I thought the financial consequences, to me personally, weren't looking favorable.

The vote itself was a blip, an unexpected result, and that brings with it uncertainty.
    It's the 'uncertainty' causing the fall of the pound rather than the result of the vote.

The fall, has non the less been welcomed by some.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

As you say the fall was a blip, a momentary lapse in common sense brought about by a weak leader, the rise of a right wing party and a reactionary press but this blip is supposed to affect all our lives for generations.

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I suppose you do come across as a rather susceptible individual.