Theresa May has soared in my estimation.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 17, 2017.

1. As you well know, Remain/EU supoorters have marched and make their case in an organised and peaceful manner a number of times. That's what you meant to say, wasn't it Fills; 'peaceful protest'? Good.

When Brexit is ultimately turned around - and depending on the 'abruptness' of how it is done - many 'Leavers' (by that I actually mean racist thugs) will crawl out and cause damage. And almost certainly more.

You won't, of course. Nor will the other u-s on here. You lot - I chuckle at saying this - are relatively sane.

2. 1 of the main architects of brexit says it is being handled badly, there are no real plans. And, admits the only way they won the vote was by talking of immigration and the big red bus and you find it interesting.

No support, or strong argument for or against the points made?

Just, interesting. :eek:

I also see that no other brexiteers made any comment either, not just you.

3. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

That's true. I was going to make that point myself, but, you know, brevity.

Shut up.

Ha! I'm waiting for this excuse to be used by Brexiteers!

Decisions are useless if the decision maker doesn't factor in execution.

Now you sound like a Trump supporter. Depots FTW!

Who decides the "right thing"? The leader? Who decides the leader? Oh carp, we're back to democracy again.

4. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

The shirkers are not on the streets. I'm here.

5. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Or there is an increase in crimes being committed but such crimes are difficult to prove due to lack of hard evidence. Hate crimes being a good example where it might be one persons word against another.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

In the world we live in today, the smallest shred if evidence would be enough to convict, making it more likely to be fake claims.

8. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

What someone says is not evidence. Its just what they say.

I can say you did all sorts of things but that carries no weight in a court of law. It is not evidence.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Exactly. So made up claims of hate crime with no Evidence to back it up.

10. Totally ignoring the points made by Dr. B

11. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

On the contraire, picking up on them perfectly and pointing out that just saying it happened doesn't prove it did.

Unless you think differently.

Hang on you do. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. The difference is understanding .

13. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Nope, you've lost me.

14. What a silly thing to say.

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I don't think I was being flippant.
    Scepticism isn't the same as flippancy, is it?
    The figures do indeed show a spike in reported hate crime in the run up to the EU ref, but you have to read the actual source of the figures that the media cherry pick from before reaching a reasoned opinion of your own.
    Makes sence to me anyway.

Have a look at page 22 and in particular the footnotes at the bottom about media attention following the result and how, and more importantly 'when' reports are added.
    Also take note of the fact that 80-odd% of the increase concerned public order offences and what can be reported as a public order offence.

What you deem to be a flippant remark about the theft of a Spaniards bicycle, don't quite cut it when you consider the fact that had the perpetrators mouthed some expletives regarding the spaniards nationality whilst he tried to apprehend him/her/them, and he mentioned this to the police it would be recorded as a hate crime.

An offensive message daubed on a wall may be reported by one person, or the graffiti could be reported by a hundred.

A heated argument in the street about the referendum could lead to an individual saying something they normally wouldn't in a different situation.

Anyway have a read of the report.
    Not what the Guardian cherry picks.

Attached Files:

btiw2 likes this.
  16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I haven't opened your link yet.
    I was just agreeing with you.
    It worked, too.

17. No surprise that you found an easy way out rather than answering the points made by 1 of the leaders of brexit.

If you cant support him, or oddly, argue against him, where do you actually stand?

It wasnt a copy and paste of a comedians speech, its the thoughts of a brexit architect.

I thought it was interesting.

Oddly, not just you, but nobody from the brexit side has made any comment about it.

Now, that is REALLY interesting, isnt it

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

No, still haven't opened it.
    I'm waiting until 'interesting' is fattened up a bit.

Maybe the remain 'side' on here are holding out for the same, alls quiet on the western, and eastern front.

19. Im surprised you havent read the same information via your own sources.

Never mind.

It doesnt surprise me that nobody from the brexit side can make comments on it.

Way too sensitive