Theresa May has soared in my estimation.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 17, 2017.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

A morsel of limp lettuce just won't do it, Jack.
    We need some meat on them bones.

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'll fill you in on behalf of the south western front. Basically, it's a b******s article by Dominic Cummings saying that it's a mistake to leave the EU.
    What makes it vaguely interesting is that Dominic Cummings was the campaign manager for vote leave.
    What makes it even more interesting and adds a little 'rony' that I suspect has gone way over Jacks head, is that Dominic Cummings is acknowledged as the
    idiot behind the '350 million a week to the NHS' claim.
    So, I think we're all, leave, remain and psychopathic hurricane chasing dog whisperers alike, in agreement that the bloke is a fantasist.

Still, Jack seems to like him.

longboat likes this.
  3. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

4. Quite a few mistakes in there.

And you avoided the last paragraph, none too surprisingly

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

By 'eck. I always knew they were a fickle bunch but this really takes the biscuit.

6. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'd be interested to know what the mistakes were Jack.

In an essay for the Spectator, Mr Cummings – a man David Cameron once described as a "career psychopath" – said Brexiteers won the referendum by talking about immigration and the promise of £350 million per week for the NHS.

"Would we have won by spending our time talking about trade and the Single Market? No way," he wrote.

Well, hardly a killer last paragraph Jack, quite a lot of time was spent talking about trade, our declining trade with the eu and increasing trade with countries outside of the eu, and our freedom to forge our own trade deals with emerging and leading countries, that's what secured my vote. I'm sceptical about losing all the 'red tape' in dealing with Europe as I'm sure we will have to comply with all the eu standards, which is fair enough, and bear in mind that our standards far exceeded the eu's prior to us joining the common market.

I think you're struggling to come up with a debate now, maybe you should default to DA's level and scream 'racist' and 'bigot' at me, of course, nothing could be further from the truth, but I'm sure, like DA, you'll feel a lot better for it.

7. Debate is pointless if you cannot (or will not?) understand the meaning and the significance of that last paragraph.

Remember this guy (I dont like him or his distorted views), is a brexit architect, not a remainer.

He was (partly) responsible for influencing the vote, and he openly admits what it was about. But you ? Enough said.

8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

That Guy is a parasite that will jump on which ever BUS (pun intended) that will give him an ounce of limelight.

The very fact that you used him as an observation of a mind changer, doesn't bowed well for your level of thinking.

9. But you are totally missing the points made

He was a major player of the brexit campaign.

Totally wanted brexit and openly admits he influenced (misled ?) so many.

And you still dont see the issue? Or wont? Or cant ?

10. Lol. At this sort of stage, JoT, it's often best to simply let the u-s's comments lie (fnurrrr).

There is NOTHING you can say to them. It is laughable.

One of the main architects of the Leave campaign - a quite loathsome individual, as befits these folk - 'fesses up that to have been honest about their campaign tactics or to have added any 'meat to the lettuce' - to use Long's weird mixed metaphor - would not have worked.

They had to employ a devious and misleading campaign instead. One that insulted the intelligence of their flock. Had they any intelligence to insult.

But, hey, "it's hardly a killer paragraph, Jack..."

You could strike Longs or IIR's cheeks (you can chose which - I mean which cheeks) repeatedly with a rancid halibut, and they'd say "Ouch - that's not a halibut. OUCH! That's still not a halibut. OUCH!"

Forgive me if I'm enjoying this blatant exposure of their intellectual dishonesty.

11. Amusingly.

1 of the main architects of brexit and they are ALL trying to run away from it/him.

Odd that nobody can support him :rolleyes:

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

If you can find the 'killer paragraph' in amongst all this lot you're a better man than me.
    https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/dominic-cummings-brexit-referendum-won/

Yes, that's the reference point that JoT's link is based on.
    Go on, see if you can find that quote, complete with the before and after paragraph so we can put it into some sort of perspective.

I say perspective, but I think only a mad man could find anything remotely resembling the meaning of the word in that arti....
    Whatever it is.

13. Cant be bothered with your link, try this 1. Loads, loads, loads more references to it available if you need.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=J0EoDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT241&lpg=PT241&dq="Would+we+have+won+by+spending+our+time+talking+about+trade+and+the+Single+Market?&source=bl&ots=_nK8Qlm2NS&sig=S9gEdGvGXgFzLN4gNlAlLJS-eR0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0ubKktf3WAhXFIlAKHSQEBvMQ6AEINDAC#v=onepage&q=%22Would%20we%20have%20won%20by%20spending%20our%20time%20talking%20about%20trade%20and%20the%20Single%20Market%3F&f=false

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

So?
    What is wrong with that claim?
    I believe he could well have a valid point there.
    What's the problem?

15. So he did say it, even though you said he didnt?

You do support him, even though he openly admits he misled?

He might have said lots of other things too, but that is not what the point is about, is it.

It took a while, but we are getting there, brexit campaign was based on (at least) misleading information, from the horses mouth

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Where does he say that he misled people?
    Claiming that the vote may not have been won if it weren't for x, y, or z, does not pertain an open admission of deception.
    It's merely an opinion based on personal circumstances and experience, that's all.

17. So he did say that then?

You tried to show that he didnt, before ?

Swerve alert

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Said what?

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You little scamp, you.
    Winding me up the whole time.
    Will I ever learn?