Thermostat

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by WackySpike, Oct 6, 2009.

1. WackySpike

WackySpike Member

I was repositioning the thermostat on my wall. In order to do so I had to open it, whilst fixing it in its new position I accidentally touched the neutral wire and it sparked. About half an hour later when it came to using the hot water I noticed there was none and its then I realized the boiler wasn't working I've tried what I know (like replacing the fuse on the boiler switch) but it doesn't work. Now I don't know whether that is the was the cause of the problem because in the intermittent period I was turning the socket mains power on and off a number of times. As I was moving a few switches.

My question is can a faulty thermostat be the cause of the boiler not starting ?

I have a Vaillant TurboMAX Pro 28E Combi boiler and the thermostat was Siemens (landis & staefa)

Much help will be appreciated !!!!!!!!!!

2. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

You've blown the fuse on the PCB by the sound of it. There is a spare inside the PCB housing on that boiler. Careful now.

3. WackySpike

WackySpike Member

If that indeed is the fault then your a life saver tackleburger, if I was a woman i'd marry ya! Any other info or more elaboration on the how to fix it(even though I have a rough idea) I would be grateful.

4. WackySpike

WackySpike Member

Indeed it was the problem, replaced the fuse and its working like new. Your a life saver tackleburger, once again thanks.