Thermostatic Cartridge

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Pollowick, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

One of my showers has started to play up ... the temperature will not go above 35 degrees. The hot water supply is around 60-65.

Almost certainly the thermostatic cartridge has failed - so looked for a replacement £160 each, Yes, one hundred and sixty. Before committing I called the manufacturer to check the exact part number.

The good news - it is a ceramic cartridge and they have a lifetime warranty, so all I need is the proof of purchase/install and the replacement will be FOC - except for my time to install it.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

£160 each![​IMG]

3. Pollo, is it the ceramic 'on/off/flow' cartridge or the thermostatic cartridge - or are they both in one?

Blimey, these prices are insane. How much is a whole new shower mixer?

I replaced both items (ceramic flow cart, and the thermo cart) in my own 'Beaumont'-labelled mixer recently - the parts are shared by other makes such as Premier and Hudson Reed. The thermo cart. was less than £40 :). What was annoying is that the ordinary 3/4" ceramic flow cartridge was almost £30...

So I took measurements and bought an identical 'off the shelf' replacement for £8... :rolleyes:

4. Pollowick

It is the thermostatic which is separate to the on/off diverter. The complete shower is around £500 (trade) ... and the mixer probably £300+. As I said though, lifetime warranty and thus free of charge.

5. At that price you've clearly paid for a few future repairs up front :p

6. Pollowick

SHMBO ...

It does look nice and work well, but I do agree the price was high!

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  7. Pfffft - mine was not cheap either - a whopping £149 as I recall... :oops:

8. Pollowick

Just off the phone to them - emailed in picture of shower and proof of install with approx dates. Replacement to be sent by Fedex next week - and definitely FOC.