Thermostatic valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Slinky5885, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Slinky5885

Slinky5885 New Member

I have a Gummers Bristan MT503 thermostatic control valve which is preset at 43 degrees. Because it's preset, I can't adjust it with an allen key. Is there any way at all I'm able to adjust it? Or am I stuck with lukewarm bath water?

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    Do you mean you have a thermostatic mixing valve ?
    Normally used in care homes or hospitals? To avoid scald to venerable people,

if so just remove and repipe,

but... are you getting hotter water at the basin ? If so, try running the bath tap slower and see if improves

good luck
    Peter

3. Slinky5885

Slinky5885 New Member

I'm in a new build on a new estate, most if not all the houses have the valves, for anti scalding measures like you said, it's a massive pain.

How easy would it be for someone with absolutely no experience in plumbing to remove it completely? Or do you think I should leave it to a professional?

4. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    It’s difficult to say, depends on how your diy skills are, it’s not for a novice, but for a plumber it’s easy, so shouldn’t cost too much,
    So scale 1 to 10 .. 1 how do I turn a tap off to .. 10, I can fix boilers and bathrooms
    About. 5 !

good luck
    Peter