Thermstatic shower mixer

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by wildcat2514, May 11, 2018.

1. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

2. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

What have you got at the moment? Picture?

3. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

This is what we have at the moment

Attached Files:

4. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Probably is the best I can do. I assume you’re hoping to keep the two chrome ‘legs’ and attach your new tap to them. It would be an easy swap if the connections are at standard spacing - probably 150mm like a shower valve. If not, would you be able to get under your bath to replace the whole thing?

5. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

Yes i have checked the taps are 150mm apart and was hoping to keep the legs and do a straight swap

6. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Easy peasey then. Just get the water turned off and should be a five minute job.

7. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

8. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Umm, I'm only DIY but no-one has asked what the supply is. I see the linked thermo unit needs a 1 bar supply, so great off a combi, but 1 bar is a 10m head of water, so not so great if it's upstairs with a gravity fed supply.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  9. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

Thanks rusty

The bathroom is downstairs next to the kitchen were the boiler is located so hopefully he may be ok

10. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

It's not so much that it's downstairs. Is your boiler a combi or do you have a tank? In a normal house with a header tank and gravity hot water you won't get much more than 6m head which is about 0.6 bar. They do show flow rates under 1 bar and if you have a good 0.5 bar (5m head) it looks like you can get about 8l/min. They reckon a good shower is about 9l/min so you're there or thereabouts. what do others think?

11. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

Yes its a combi boiler

12. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

13. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

Thanks rusty

What are the dims if you dont mind me asking

14. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

dimensions - you said your taps are 150 apart. the mixer you linked to has 180 hole centres as does the Bristan.

however, I see what you intend to do - keep the legs above the deck and just swap the heads. Y should be fine if both @150 cntres on the mounts.

15. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

Great thanks bud

16. wildcat2514

wildcat2514 New Member

Would none of these from screwfix do the job