Thinking about getting a cane.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by FDX, Jun 27, 2018.

1. FDX

FDX New Member

Hello, everyone. My first time posting here.

I don't really need one. It's more because I want it, than need it.
    I started going to a gym, and my leg does hurt a lot, but not to a point I NEED a cane, just muscle aches.

Is it in a way non-ethical or insulting for me to go out with a cane, that I don't necessarily need?

I'm more of a rude/jerk person type, where I don't really care at all what people think about me, and I don't want to explain myself to anyone why I use it.

I don't think on using it all the time, just when I have a really strong muscle ache where it's hard to walk.

Any thoughts on this?

2. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Drink more water , after a lifetime of coffee and tea I now drink water and my aches completely dissapeared . if it's not that then go for an outrageous pimp stick

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Forget cornflakes, sugar puffs etc and only eat porridge for breakfast. Washed down with water.

4. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Best set up for the day, no desire to eat **** , at least till you get home

5. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Get a stick with a sharp point you can pick litter up at the same time

DIY womble likes this.
  6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

And stab sparkies :D

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

So basically ...change your diet and stop wanting to be an attention seeker! :D;)

8. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

You had bad experience with sparkies ? We not all bad just most of us

9. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

:D

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

And start wearing bib and brace trousers. Improves your posture no end and really helps deal with back and muscular pain.

You look like a tellytubby but the improvement is great.

11. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

And if you do need a cane get yourself down the scrapyard and pick up a titanium knee joint to make the handle from. Crematoriums come and weigh them in after the flames have done their work.

12. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

A cane has another useful purpose; whacking badly behaved children. Bad behaviour in children and grown ups has increased since the bleeding heart goody goodies banned six of the best of the cane, birch, ruler, gym shoe etc.in schools

facilities likes this.
  13. facilities

facilities Guest

My doctor has a sense of humour.

Because I had a cancer scare a few years back, I now have to have hospital checkups twice a year, I am also about 3 stone over weight, so the doc said join a gym & I will see you in 6 months, so after 6 months back at the hospital and I hadn’t lost so much as a Pound,

After the weigh in I told the doc I had joined a gym (little fib) he said “you should try going when it’s open you fat #######” :(

14. facilities

facilities Guest

Our music teacher had a rack of 6 canes varying in thickness, he let you choose which one, if you pulled your hand away the punishment doubled, can you imagine the snowflake generation letting their little darlings go through this.

15. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Not all electricians are bad.....just all the ones I have ever met :eek:
    When I saw the title of the thread...I thought it was going to be interesting...;)