This is a joke..... right?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by longboat, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I couldn't agree more.
    :):)

2. But, but, but.

£350 million a week is going to the nhs after brexit.

Seen the number of nurses is falling, not climbing, despite increased employment targets.

The reason? I will let others put their reasons. There are some explanations out there by the way.

3. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Pay and conditions might be a good starting point, brought on by private companies in charge of hiring and firing, a labour introduced system under Tony Blair i believe.

4. A contributing reason, maybe.

But not a major 1 according to the NMC. As a note, they definitely have a major reason/explanation (and a dire outlook) if you care to look.

So what about the £350 million part that could pay for this wage rise? You seemed to have missed that part ?

5. That doesn't even amuse me, IIR. We were doing well as part of the EU - as you should know.

Watch as the current division in our respective fortunes expands even more.

C'mon, IIR - get a grip. LOOK at what's happening.

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Of course the uk aren't delaying things, they want to talk trade as soon as possible that's what we need. The 'bill' is largely immaterial as it's money that would have been paid regardless of whether we left or not.
    But no... it's a conspiracy according to you.
    You're giving to much credence to the headlines again.

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Communication problems could be a factor.

8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Nursing bursaries been stopped hasn't helped in the recruitment department has it.

After all who else has to pay for their job training, its a stupid ideal to try and keep the NHS full of foreign workers who have already got their training at home, no doubt for free.

350 million hasn't become avialible yet to spend on anything so can't answer that one yet.

9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Not even a tiny little smirk as you read it. Don't believe you.

10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

11. :D

Oh its so good to realise its the EU dragging its feet, not the UK.

Lets see what time reveals shall we?

12. Jot, for heaven's sakes, you must know that the Nursing and Midwifery Council is financed by the EU so they are making that up...

13. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Clever writing I fear.

Our figures today show for the first time that there are now more nurses and midwives leaving the register than joining it.

Now that actually means exactly what it says, not what you interpret it to mean.

Now why are fewer willing to sign up to a career that charges you for the privilege of working without the chance of going on to earn big money I ask.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The NHS is failing but its those that are in charge of it that are failing it, not the staff, a classic case of to many chiefs not enough Indians.

Jord86 and longboat like this.

15. I dont disagree that there are management issues, and I certainly dont agree with the money they are paid, etc.

But are you aware of how reliant on EU and indeed others, the nhs is, and has been? And was it not forewarned that brexit would cause issues with staffing?

And how the current talks (especially from the EU side) are focusing on the rights of those very people after brexit?

And yet you still dont see a problem developing ?

Is it really clever writing? Or is it actually subdued writing so as not to cause a panic?

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The barrel is scraped and there's no more straws to clutch at?
    But you'll still have a go.
    Is that what you're now admitting?

18. Agree, its not ALL about brexit.

Does brexit have an effect? Simple yes or no? Is it a big effect? Simple yes or no?

Own goal, or looking at all the picture? You are trying your best to say its NOTHING to do with brexit, so lets see your replies?

19. Oh dear :p