This is a joke

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Isitreally, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

2. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Simple really, we are Men & Women, so it should be FireMan or FireWomen.
    Doing away with Gender/Sex will ultimately lead to troubled people in the long run.
    We have then now, Gender Neutral or Mentally ill as they really are.

longboat likes this.
  3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

It's a sign of the times. Post modernist neo Marxist types taking over the world.

Isitreally likes this.
  4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Only if we let them.

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Another step closer to 'the end'.

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Gender is a social construct don't you know? There is no correlation between biological sex, gender identity, gender expression or sexual proclivity in fact in Canada its now illegal to make such a claim.

7. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

It's difficult to know which to care about less:
    • A fire brigade chief's[1] opinion on children's television characters.
    • The opinions about the opinion.

I've just checked - my caring level reads zero for both.

On the plus side, I've learnt that you don't just swap man for person to make a term politically correct.
    You use a verb instead. So fireman -> firefighter.
    Although fighter sounds like they're trying, but may not succeed. There again, I suppose it'd be weird calling them fire extinguishers.

Longs and I were saying binperson instead of binman when (for some reason I can't remember) we were trying to be politically correct. It was probably 'rony.
    Now I know we should have been saying bin ignorer.

[1] If the fire brigade chief were a woman would she be a fire brigade squaw?

8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

A fire chiefs main thoughts should of course be about the best way to save lives, not the sexual identity of a bloody children’s fantasy figure. What an utter plank.

Rulland likes this.
  10. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Unfortunately this country is full of said 'planks' who have to be seen to be politically correct in whatever they do or say, which is driven by a country who's leaders have no backbone to stand up for their own nation.
    We pamper to everyone and his dog, apart from our own people, and it's not going to get better, the people have no say anymore.