This was a first for me lads

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Guttercat, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Guttercat

Guttercat New Member

Papering big bedroom.. .

Room's hot so I opened big top window outwards and upwards. Just needed a small piece over the top 12" but I only had a new roll.
    Thick Sanderson - £45 per roll. I match the pattern up,to mark it, holding the roll against the window with my knee..forgot about the open window. :O ....the roll, shot out of the window as I'm still hold of the top bit, bounced off the sloping tiled roof and flew over the hedge into the busy road.
    Disaster.

2. jcts

jcts Active Member

Not laughing at you but that's funny as hell. Was the roll ok?

3. potty painter

potty painter New Member

Guttercat.

Have to admit mate, made me laugh reading that. I would have given anything to see the look on you face when it flew out the window.

Did you get any smart remarks passed when you recovered the said flying Sanderson.

Potty.

4. Guttercat

Guttercat New Member

[​IMG]

Tell you what...it's a great paper. Quality is like a 1400/1700 lining.
    Nobody was walking around but it was a bit embarassing rolling it back up in the road with drivers looking at me like I was mad.
    The speed it went out of that window, shocked me.:O Never seen a roll unravel like that before.
    Salvaged bits of it. :^O

5. potty painter

potty painter New Member

Well, you may have had a funny 5 mins with a flyaway roll mate, but that room sure does look good.

Potty.