Thoughts on Bo's comments?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Allsorts, Aug 8, 2018 at 9:27 AM.

1. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

Perhaps Boris , to make amends , could do a sort of " wear a burka to work day , could get sponsored by the press

Allsorts likes this.
  2. btiw2

btiw2 Well-Known Member

No. I don’t think I believe you.
    Nobody is that cowardly.

Allsorts likes this.
  3. Heat

Heat Active Member

You have hit on a good idea.
    But I think it is the persons who should try wearing a full burka for an entire day are the Muslim men, (young and old) who agree with women wearing it. Let them wear a lot of cloth over their entire body and see how it looks and feels.
    Also would be good if all the non Muslim men and women wear it for a day who think the burka is acceptable.

DIY womble likes this.
  4. Heat

Heat Active Member

If I was a terrorist, of any background, race, or religion, I would use the burka to my advantage if I wanted to kill, by wearing it.
    As has been said, wear a motorbike helmet and try to walk through a sensitive area, like a government building, airport, etc.

5. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

.....and have a message just under the slit where his eyes show, "Post your comments here."

DIY womble likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

Boris did it to get attention and it worked.

DIY womble and Allsorts like this.
  7. longboat

longboat Well-Known Member

A more high profile version of, DA, then.

Ahhhh, that's why he doesn't like him.

facilities likes this.
  8. goldenboy

goldenboy Well-Known Member

Johnson's only concern is keeping his profile high.

Its a cynical ploy to keep himself relevant and to whip up the same clowns who fell for Tommy Robinson's self imposed prison sentence.

Both of them are lowest common denominator merchants. Soundbites and nudge-nudge wink-winks.

Criticism of him isnt "anti free speech" or "closing down controversial issues", its simply criticism of his thuggish way of addressing the issue.

He has real form on this. Hillsborough and Alan Henning for starters.

Allsorts likes this.
  9. Allsorts

Allsorts Active Member

Clearly terrorists must be much thicker than you 'cos that ain't their attire of choice. Or perhaps they couldn't cope with the humiliation of being killed whilst dressed as a woman.

'Cos they are all well 'ard men.

10. Allsorts

Allsorts Active Member

Facs 'liked' this. Wow.

11. Allsorts

Allsorts Active Member

Precisely.

What else can the guy do?! He won't win anything using rational discussion; no-one takes him seriously any more.

He has just one chance, and the Trump method is what it'll take. Aim for his core grass-root supporters - Jingoists, bigots, Leavers and UKIP supporters. Feed them what they want - a knuckle-grinding populist message, never mind any consequences. Never mind the humiliation and potential risk to the target.

Step 2 - rock the boat until May crumbles, or Brexit takes her down. The Tory party needs a new leader; Boris is loathed by most of the Tory MPs, but he'll then play his ace card; which one of us is the most popular in the country? Which one of us can beat Corbyn?

And the Tories will go for him - through gritted teeth - for pure survival.

12. Broon

Broon Active Member

Your wrong no way could Boris come up with a 2 step plan all by himself. Must be his advisers cause he is not a clever man.

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Active Member

Why do people - always the same people - like to excuse Boris and Tommy and Trump and the rest as 'just' being stupid?

I don't mean you as much, Broon, but the youknowwhos.

Stupid they ain't. Devious and calculating they are. Stupid their followers are. Provided they aren't also being devious and calculating. Which, I believe, most on this forum are.

14. Broon

Broon Active Member

I thought my joke was witty but perhaps that cause if I didn't laugh at my jokes then no one would.

Now on to the question is Boris really a bumbling buffoon or does he know exactly what hes doing. I think its a bit of both he knows what he wants to say and shall we say his articulate way to explain it tends to gather peoples attention so exactly what he wants. I remember watching an episode of Russel Howards good news and it was Boris's speech in regards to the Olympics and his over the top plans it was funny. Perfect for a comedy show.

I do think he is one of those people who sometimes speaks without thinking first.

Allsorts likes this.
  15. Allsorts

Allsorts Active Member

There is an element of that to it, I'm sure. He has been so used to being 'Boris' - the 'buffoon' who splurts out 'stuff' that people actually like - that it's now second nature to him. He also knows he can back-track on them if necessary - just as Trump tries to do.

As a newspaper correspondent he admits to 'lobbing crazy untruths over the garden wall so he could hear the almighty crash on the other side' (I paraphrase). Fabricated stuff abut the EU, for instance...

Lol, Boris. But a dignified, honest and considered politician out for what's best for the country? Not a chance.

16. Other side of the coin here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45139084

This "Lord Sheikh", whoever the heck he is, saying he's had a load of abusive emails...not abusive to him, but to the Prophet Muhammad. So Bloomin what?! This is not a theocracy you know, we have this thing called freedom of speech and your imaginary Prophet is not even a person so has no rights! We have a right to ridicule religion, you ignoramus.

Allsorts likes this.
  17. goldenboy

In a nutshell, you are the Mondeo Man that Johnson, Robinson, Trump etc pitch to.

18. goldenboy

The old "you dont have the right to be offended" defence.

Part of being a member of civilised society is to respect other peoples views and treat everyone with respect.

Allsorts likes this.
  19. Broon

Broon Active Member

In fairness to Bloomin...I agree that no religion should be above question and you should be able to poke jokes at them all as well if ones off limits then shouldn't they all be?

I have not read the article so my point may be invalid but to send someone emails insulting his or her beliefs is a bit over the top and if is done as a joke its in very poor taste. People can believe in what ever they want to except that big spaghetti monster in the sky that's just stupid. Quite the hypocrite aren't I.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Allsorts likes this.
  20. Heat

Heat Active Member

Yes, “Part” of being a member of civilised society is respecting other people, but also “Part” of being a civilised society is surely to have freedom within reason to speak your mind and also criticise any religion you wish to?
    If you belong to the Church of England and someone says that it is a terrible religion or picks faults in the way members behave, - would that be a problem to you? Certainly I am civilised enough to respect that persons right to express their thoughts.

Allsorts likes this.