Threaded rod ceiling fittings?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by soabar, Nov 14, 2017.

  1. soabar

    soabar Member

    I'm sure I've seen these things, but don't know what they are called & hence can't find them;

    Its a bracket / saddle type affair that's used to support threaded rod from the ceiling, going into a wooden joist, two holes for screw mounting it & a central hole for the rod. The attached image shows the bracket in black.

    What's it called or is it even a thing?

    Thanks. Rod-Fitting.jpg
  2. dobbie

    dobbie Well-Known Member

    soabar likes this.
  3. soabar

    soabar Member

    Perfect - thank you!
  4. WillyEckerslike

    WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

    Failing that put 'threaded rod ceiling flange' into Google (other search engines are available)
  5. Mr. Handyandy

    Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

    I think it's called a 'DelBoy sure-stop threaded bracket' !

    Mr. HandyAndy - Really
  6. leesparkykent

    leesparkykent Well-Known Member

    Ceiling hanger bracket, ceiling saddle bracket, saddle bracket or top hat ceiling bracket.

Share This Page