Ticking noise after new boiler installed when boiler is switched off?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gary777789, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Gary777789

Gary777789 New Member

HI,

Had a new boiler installed a few months back ( Worchester greenstar 30i) ever since around the same time every morning we have a ticking noise for a min or two and then a thud (like something is closing) it happening more or less the same time every morning? (6.30am) and some times during the day, no one in the house is up, no toilets flushed etc,
    there are no timer set on the boiler and I have even turn the boiler off (via plug) the night before and it still happens?
    it only started happening once the new boiler was installed, I have turn the water off and drained all the water and refilled.

any idea's? driving me crazy?

2. Baxi Boy

Baxi Boy Member

I get the same thing with new installed Baxi Platinum,about 5.30pm,a series of clicks,like internal switches,but heating not on for days,and boiler cold.A mystery to me too!

3. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Garry "any idea's? driving me crazy?"

Ring the guy who installed it & tell him.
    Ask him to call in & check it out.

4. Gary777789

Gary777789 New Member

I've worked out that the noise is from mains water pipe, it happens when my neighbour has a shower, (houses not connected) not sure where to go from here?

5. masterdiy

masterdiy Active Member

Gary - Quote "it happens when my neighbour has a shower, (houses not connected) not sure where to go from here?"

Go next door have a shower with him, you then wont hear the ticking noise. ;)

It sounds like a water meter ticking away when running cold water.
    Find your meter & check.

6. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

Maybe have a shock arrestor fitted to your mains water pipe to see if that would help