Tile wc

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by moss lea, Nov 11, 2017.

1. moss lea

moss lea Member

Hi all

I have been quoted £400 to tile a 1.5sqm toilet floor. The current condition is bare floorboards, so it would need ply, grout and adhesive plus he has agreed to fit skirting. Does this seems a fair price. I have tried a couple of tilers but they have not replied.
    Cheerz

2. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

If it includes tiles as well it's a very good price I'd say!
    Even if it doesn't, but does include the materials you've mentioned I'd still say it's not bad.

I would have thought it will require two visits, one for the main work then another for the grouting and skirting.

Regards,

Cando

3. moss lea

moss lea Member

I have purchased the tiles but I think it includes the ply, skirting, grout and adhesive. I am in London so maybe not too bad. I was working on the basis of £30sqm labour.

4. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Well I'm DIY, and I don't know how tilers would normally price, but from a consumer perspective I generally think in terms of £150-£200 per day for any tradesmans' labour.
    And being a toilet it will make the job a little more difficult, both because of the tightness of access,and the cutting of the tiles to fit.

Regards,

Cando