tiled door step

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Auld Eck, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Auld Eck

Auld Eck New Member

Hi there,
    I could do with some advise... I intend to use 6mm, frost resistant tiles. Could you please tell me
    which is the best tile adhesive should I use for fixing my tiles onto my exterior door step, & can I also use this to grout.?

2. http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/bal/main/main.html

Click that link and it will give you a few options depending on if you want slow set or rapid set.

The Gold Star is probably a reasonable bet for you.

No you can't grout with the same product, basically it's not designed for grouting, it's too soft.

When grouting outside I tend to use Ardex C2 grout, it's by far the hardest grout available when set. It has much more wear and algae resistance than the BAL wide joint grouts.

3. One more point, if the base is pretty flat and regular go with my recommendation abaove.

If it's irregular and need levelling a bit then got with the thick bed pourable adhesive.

You can find it on the products section of the BAL page in the link above.

4. MaJean

MaJean New Member

Thanks, Mudster.
    I've spent so much time on this project that I would'nt like to mess it up now.
    There is so many types of stuff out there, I was geting confused,
    Thanks

5. MaJean

MaJean New Member

Ps: fae auld Eck's wife