Tiles too thick for waterfall tap (water sprays) how to fix?! :/

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by h123jkc, Aug 23, 2022.

1. h123jkc

h123jkc New Member

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read.
    I've had this waterfall tap installed for months and never finished the tiling because the waterfall part doesn't sit far enough back over the water spout to stop the water spraying everywhere!

I've heard there's an extension of some kind I can add to make the spout longer. Or is there a way to unscrew and replace the spout part...

An ex neighbour started the job and had to move before it could be finished. If anyone could send a product link if there is one I'd be very appreciative or any support in general.

Thank you,
    Tim

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 11.30.53.png Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 11.31.09.png

2. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

Not sure about the availability of the part you are after.

but have you considered / is it workable to cut a hole in the tile so that the (waterfall) part of the tap fits just inside the hole, therefore going back far enough???

Would you still be able to secure it in place that way???

3. h123jkc

h123jkc New Member

-
    I've had this exact thought, but there is a metal plate that sits behind the tap and over the tile to make it look nice. It's defiantly on my list of answers if there's no other, but it may not look as tidy as it should once completed :)

4. h123jkc

h123jkc New Member

5. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

Could the rectangular metal plate be recesssed into the tiles?