Tiling costs

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Richardmc, May 29, 2007.

1. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

you should expect to pay between £10 and £12 per sq"m - not for a decent tiler.

I pay my tiler £25 per sq M - and thats before I bill my customer.

Damn good tiler though.

2. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Nobody has mention the different price's for different tiles.

Ceramic, Porcelain, Real stone.........all different to work with, some needing more work than others.....hence, more Money.

If you tile a kitchen in an older style house.....with less sockets and iffy walls.....its gonna take more time than a new build with sockets and fused points everywhere.

Tooo many ounters think "its just a bit of tiling, should'nt cost much"

When will some of these people get real.

3. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

got that around the wrong way.

New build

Older style house

:(

4. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I charge the same price no matter whether I'm tiling, Plumbing, Building etc. I've never been one for charging a rate per metre squared, I know how long the complete job will take so price for the duration not the area covered.

5. gregorz

gregorz New Member

Duncairn what u mean by,, polish or not worth getting,,

6. lojo

lojo New Member

Last time I heard believe the local posh tile shops where charging around £35 per m2

Our costs are worked out on a time basis, but work out to be around that mark

7. dave001

dave001 New Member

i have b and q contract who charge customers 30 quid a metre

8. jizzard_of_oz

jizzard_of_oz New Member

im polish, i charge £3.75 per meter, are my prices wrong?

9. Willy Duwitt

Willy Duwitt New Member

Just back on topic again, it sounds from the OP's original message that the guy completed the whole job in one 6 hour visit.

Now whenever I do any tiling I put uo the tiles one day and go back the next to grout. Is it no longer necessary to leave the tiles 12 - 24 hrs before grouting?

Cheers

10. lojo

lojo New Member

I am sure there is a thread re: grouting waiting time. I think most have done it same day and never had problems if the tiles where fixed right, although this is against the manufacturers instructions

However this guy did seem to tile and grout quickly, maybe he used that awfull tile and grout in one stuff?