Timeguard Pro Floodlight and PIR unit

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Darren K, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Darren K

Darren K New Member

I've recently purchased a Timeguard Pro floodlight and I want to connect it to a separate PIR unit (Timeguard MLB3000). The PIR I have isn't the type that fits onto the Pro floodlight, so is standalone.

I just have a quick question regarding wiring the floodlight as a slave.

I understand the L1 connector on the floodlight connects to the L1 on the PIR but do I also need to connect a neutral wire back to the PIR?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

The PIR will need a permanent live and a neutral. The same one that is connected to the floodlight.

3. Darren K

Darren K New Member

Thanks. I contacted Timeguard directly as the instructions didn't really cover connecting up to standalone PIRs.

The response I got was, wire both the existing live (from isolator switch) and neutral from my old light to the PIR unit then drop a wire to the flood from L1. They didn't mention also adding a neutral to the flood, so thought I'd fire the question in here.

4. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

The light wont work without a neutral!

5. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Good advise ! :D

6. Darren K

Darren K New Member

Ok, got that. :)

The "advisor" omitted to mention about a neutral wire to the flood but maybe presumed I already knew.

I definitely wouldn't have attempted wiring it up without knowing 100%.