Tiny paint flakes on walls, advise please

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by squarecrumpets, Nov 10, 2018 at 6:07 PM.

1. squarecrumpets

squarecrumpets New Member

Hello all,

The decorator's just finished the job but I've noticed tiny bits of paint like this on 1 or 2 of the walls. Not sure what could have caused this and what can be done to remedy it?

Please advise. Thanks so much in advance.

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Bad preparation, not cleaning up before painting, you pick up bits on the roller, or bits in paint tin,any paint in a used tin, I filter it before putting it in paint tray to use.

squarecrumpets likes this.
  3. squarecrumpets

hmmmm not good. What can I do to remedy this?

Thanks.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

5. squarecrumpets

Hello,

Yeah I think I'm gonna have to do that. Yes I did, he applied filler over those and painted over. They're still visible but somewhat better than before. I think the flakes of paint are actually bits of the filler that were left on before painting over? Just a guess though. I'm saying this because when I tried to peel one of the 'flakes' off, it broke the inside of it was white. hmm.... plus these flakes weren't there before the bumps were filled....

Wayners likes this.
  6. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

As above. Probably easyfill and no primer over it prior to emulsion. I just come back from local pub as eat nice hunters chicken plus 1 pint and pointed out to the Mrs all the paint lifting where they recently filled then painted walls. Big refurbishment and cit finishing off.Shocking poor effort. Imo.