Titan Circular saw

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by mo786, Mar 4, 2015.

1. mo786

mo786 New Member

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think Titan is only sold by SF. Usual chinese junk with no spares back up but for diy generally ok.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just as bad as Erbauer in my opinion.
    You want something to last,then spend a bit more, Makita 5704RK can be found at under £90 Anglia Tool centre, comes with 3 year warrenty & free delivery.
    Go through Quidco to ATC will get you 4% cashback as well.

My Makita circular saw, basically identical to the 5704RK is 12-13 years old now, still works perfectly.

4. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

I bought a few of these a couple of years ago for cutting up a huge chipboard floor. The labourers used them every day all day until the job was done. I have to say they stood up pretty well to the abuse. The depth adjustment is very awkward to use and the central Allen stud is worth watching as it works loose under heavy use. Like every thing else you get what you pay for. For occasional diy use ok but not really for pro use.

5. mo786

mo786 New Member

I am a DIYer.

I have a project that one of these may be useful for but after that my use will be sporadic.

I have a Titan breaker which has been excellent value and a Titan reciprocating saw which has been basic bit gets the job done.

With this tool though you want a bit more in the way of accuracy and safety.