Titan Jointer planer TTB579PLN - Parts

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Paul Holben, May 17, 2019.

1. Paul Holben

Paul Holben New Member

Does anyone know where I would be able to find an electric motor for this planer?
    1500W Jointer planer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

This type of question re spares for Titan Tools comes up frequently and unfortunately, as you probably know, by now, there is no service, no back up advice, no spares, no diddly squat after care

But .... for what they are and their price point, can one complain ?

Anyway, couple of options;

These machines are often produced under several brands, looking 99% the same with a different paint job and manufacturers badge but, are essentially the same machine parts

Try ‘Solent Tools’

Very helpful company that can often match generic parts for many machines, give them all the details and motor rating, etc and see what they come up with

What’s actually the problem with motor ? Simply died ? (Worn brushes perhaps ? Now that would a sweet simple repair for once :))

There are firms around that rebuild electric motors and or rewind the coils and this could be another option to look at and obtain a quote

Either way, good luck, give Solent Tools a call first though

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

https://www.solenttools.co.uk

That motor is use on the many rebrands of that planer,so try Machine Mart, they might list one for their planer.

Also check Scheppach,Draper 09543 for spares.

4. JustPhil

JustPhil Active Member

I too own one of these planers, and I’m very pleased with what I can do with it given how cheap it is.
    But if a major component failed, I’d very much be taking that as a sign to invest in a more reliable and serviceable (and more expensive) replacement. You could repair the motor but it might be something else that fails next.... good money after bad.

5. Dave Hibbert

Dave Hibbert New Member

Hi
    I'm new to this forum!
    I have a Titan TTB579PLN Jointer Planer.
    It's missing a number of parts (clamping bar and bolts, springs and blades) and I'm having great difficulty in getting any spares.
    The motor is fine.
    Would you be interested in buying the whole machine for parts, as well as the motor, or just the motor?
    Cheers
    Dave
    p.s. is one allowed to put email addresses and phone numbers into replies on this site?

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If you want to be followed by the forum troll then go ahead.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  7. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Just in case you missed the jocular tone in chippie's reply I shouldn't post any personal information on here. There used to be a personal message facility but it was removed a while back. You might try asking the forum moderators if they can convey your message via some otherwise secret method. Good luck.

8. Dave Hibbert

Dave Hibbert New Member

Hi again
    A message to the moderators from a newby.
    Is there any way of contacting Paul Holben so I can help him out? Like passing my email address to him.
    Cheers
    Dave

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Get a free email address, use that and then bin it.

10. Dave Hibbert

Dave Hibbert New Member

Hi Paul
    I belong to a vintage radio forum, which has a wanted and selling section.
    You could join that forum at https://www.vintage-radio.net/ and put your wanted request in, which I would then see and respond to.
    Cheers
    Dave

11. Dave Hibbert

Dave Hibbert New Member

I've taken Chippie244's advice.
    Email address for Paul Holben - hibbertd10@gmail.com . Let's see if that works.
    Cheers
    Dave

12. Dave Hibbert

Dave Hibbert New Member

I've taken Chippie244's advice.
    Email address for Paul Holben to use to contact me - hibbertd10@gmail.com . Let's see if that works.
    Cheers

13. Dave Hibbert

Dave Hibbert New Member

I've not heard anything from Tom, either via my new email address or the vintage radio website.
    So, I've closed that account assuming Tom must have sorted his motor problem.
    Cheers
    Dave

14. Arthur Marshall

Arthur Marshall New Member

Hi Dave have you sold your machine if not I could be interested

15. Arthur Marshall

Arthur Marshall New Member

Anyone got a motor for a Titan planer

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Try Solent Tools they may have a suitable motor,as that planer is rebranded by many firms,or know of a source.

https://www.solenttools.co.uk