Titan or Scheppach

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Brian Lightfoot, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Brian Lightfoot

Brian Lightfoot New Member

Appreciate your replies, but I was really wanting to know on the quality of the two brands. Never heard of Scheppach before and wondered if they were better than Titan or not?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Have a look at the reviews as they can be a balanced guide.

Brian Lightfoot likes this.
  3. Brian Lightfoot

Brian Lightfoot New Member

Appreciate that, but the scheppach doesn't have any reviews. Was hoping for customer experience of one

4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Personally I'd go titan, if any trouble Screwfix will swap it without question.

5. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Sheppach make some good larger woodworking machinery (acquired Kity iirc) but their expansion into smaller tools appears to be predominantly a badging exercise. Many of them are virtually identical to a plethora of others from different manufacturers. Alvy has done a bit of research on this but whether it went this far I don't know.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Any on Google?

7. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I agree with that.

Brian Lightfoot and Isitreally like this.
  8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Their Table Saws are a generic brand knocked up in China and badged under many names.

KIAB and Brian Lightfoot like this.
  9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

TBH you could get one from ALDI / LIDL for non trade use. Their tools are about half the price of Titan / Scheppach and come with a three year warranty

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

About 16 years ago I bought an SDS max 'FERM' branded drill which is pretty much identical to the TITAN, cost was £19.99 in a Screwfix clearance sale so I wasn't expecting much but it has been used and abused from lifting concrete, knocking holes in walls removing tiles from walls and a whole lot more and it's still going strong.................. go for the TITAN.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Most tools seem to either get lost, stolen or become obsolete before they break.

12. Theleman

Theleman Active Member

No probs Astra.
    I thought what I meant was clear. :)
    I am just a DIY student guy, will never need to drill a hole 40cm of diametre in my life time :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  13. Theleman

Theleman Active Member