Titan strimmer/hedge trimmer acting up

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by furious_customer, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:47 AM.

1. I have been using the titan 2-in-1 multi tool with a pruner attachment to reduce my beech hedge.

It is starting to act up (within the 12 month warranty thankfully) - it seems to idle fine, and work at low revs ok, but if I pull the throttle lever back full then it seems to stutter and lose all power.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Possible fuel starvation, is there a filter, look inside fuel tank, you might see a fuel suction pipe,& on the end is a filter.

Had a friend had similar problem with a strimmer,took me ages to find the fault, the fuel suction pipe in fuel tank had a small split in it,so at tickover strimmer ok, but at revs the petrol never got further than the split & trickled back into tank.

See below,black pipe was kinked in tank & it eventually got a small split.
    [​IMG]

ramseyman likes this.
  3. ramseyman

ramseyman Active Member

You may find you have a low speed screw marked L on the carb. Try turning that clockwise slightly, say 10 minutes on a clock and see if that improves the situation. May need a bit more. If it idles too fast so that blades keep running back off the idle speed screw slightly.