Titan Table Saw raising and lowering Issue

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Dale1234, Mar 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Dale1234

Dale1234 New Member

Hi all,

First post here so hopefully I dont say or do anything that isn't allowed and sorry as it is a long one!
    I've got my Titan Table Saw out after not using it for 6months and the raising / lowering mechanism has stopped working. At first it was jammed so the handle wouldn't turn and then it freed itself up so the handle turned but did nothing. I later found that the shaft key that goes between the plastic gear and the threaded bar that rotates to adjust the blade height had fallen out so I put it back in. The blade height could still not be adjusted after replacing the key.

I've found that there is play in the mechanism such that if I push the motor upward, the threaded bar will move 2-3mm and if I hold it up while turning the height adjustment handle it works fine. If I dont hold the motor up, the handle turns, the blade height doesn't adjust and eventually the threaded bar comes out of the end of the gear and the key falls out. It's like if I'm not holding the motor up then the threaded bar tries to move instead of the motor / blade.

I don't suppose anyone else has had this or a similar issue and knows a fix do they?

As with when anything breaks - warrantee ended last month.