Titan TTB355CHN electric chainsaw stopped working

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Luke R Taylor, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Luke R Taylor

Luke R Taylor New Member

Hello

I have borrowed a Titan TTB355CHN electric chainsaw. It was working fine, but just stopped.

I have checked that the kickback brake is not on, plugged into a different socket, and changed the fuse. All to no avail.

Anyone any suggestions?

I'm assuming that, if it's out of warranty, I will need to throw it away and get a replacement?

Luke

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Does it have a thermal cut out.

Chain too tight, remove the chain & see if sprocket turns freely by hand,& try it plug in & see if it works.

Got oil in tank.

3. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Have you flipped the safety guard back into position ?

4. ramseyman

ramseyman Active Member

Could be a break in the cable between plug and saw. I'd check for continuity.

5. Luke R Taylor

Luke R Taylor New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I took the chain off and tried it again. It worked. Replaced the chain and it's still working.

I think that, as I'm new to this chainsaw, I may have inadvertently tripped the kick back brake and got confused about which way was triggered and which way was not.

So, all looks ok.

Thanks again,

Luke

wiggy likes this.
  6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

No offence Luke but you really shouldn't be operating a chainsaw if you don't know how it works. One of the most dangerous power tools available.
    Professionals have to be certificated to use them yet anyone can buy them in Aldi. Madness!

7. wiggy

wiggy Well-Known Member

Been there Luke, also cut through the cable once and stood there like a muppet wondering what was wrong. Petrols the way to go. Or cordless if you don't use it much.