Toilet distance from stack.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by amarok88, Apr 17, 2019.

1. amarok88

amarok88 Member

I am wanting to put a toilet in my utility room.
    My stack is internal and on the boundary side of my house. I also have concrete floors so my only way of doing this is to go internally behind kitchen units. I cant go outside first as that is onto neighbours land.
    My problem is the run distance to the stack will be about 3.5-4m. Is this to far?
    I know the max and min drops are 1-40 to 1-110, given the height of the bottom of the toilet waste on the pan to floor height i would get a max drop of 120mm across this 4m so i can get the drop in need (thinking 20-25mm per m).
    If i can do this is a straight run ok or do i need an AAV on the pipe?
    Cheers

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Shouldn’t be a problem. The only problem you may have is getting it behind your units as the service gap is only about 60-70 mm in most cases. Obviously you can pack them off, but that’s secondary to the initial problem and down to your creativity.

Regarding a durgo, then probably a good idea. I had a similar scenario a few years back fitting a toilet under the stairs in a rental property. Fitted a durgo as a matter of course and never had an issue.

3. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    You can go 6m to a ventilated stack, but on ground floor vents not really necessary, as long as drain not more than 1.3m deep.
    An antivac trap on basin would be a good thing

Good luck
    Peter

4. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Pointless having a Durgo if you are discharging to a vented stack. I note CGN fitted a Durgo and never had an issue, possibly wouldn't have had an issue if he hadn't fitted one either??

5. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

I've got a similar set-up (soil pipe behind kitchen cabinets to a vented stack, probably 6m away, including a 90 degree bend), have no AAV and have had no problems. I did use an anti-vac trap on the basin as suggested above.

Mind you, my worrying about how much of a job it would be to get the soil pipe behind the cabinets meant it took a mere 16 years for my wife to get her cloakroom! In the event, it was a doddle as well.

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I should have mentioned it wasn’t a vented stack.

You’re a barrel of laughs btw. Perhaps you should have a durgo fitted...may help prevent your vacuous personality.

7. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

Why thankyou Tiger

8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

No probs mate ;)

9. amarok88

amarok88 Member

Cheers guys.
    There is no kitchen there at min as its a house im doing up so will fit a kitchen after.

Anti vac for basin, is this because you have joined the basin waste to the toilet soil pipe? Just deciding whether to do this with one of the pan connectors with the waste attachment or to run a separate waste for basin as will also be having a washer and the boiler run off in there tgat i need to run outside along the same route.

10. Sam09862

Sam09862 New Member

Sounds fine. Just remember you'll raise floor height in toilet room slightly by putting tiles and insulation slabs in so drop over 4m should be ok.