Toilet Drain Connection

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dave the Curious, Nov 7, 2019.

  1. Dave the Curious

    Dave the Curious New Member

    An embarrassingly basic question I'm afraid.

    My old close-coupled toilet used a right angle pan connector. The pan connection point on the replacement back-to-wall toilet I have (almost) installed is further from the wall. I think I need a flexible straight pan connection like this

    ... and then a separate right angle bend. I could not find a right angle bend in the "Toilet Spares" section. Is the right angle bend below from the "Soil Pipe Fittings" section compatible? In other words, do these 110mm push fit components all fit into one another irrespective of manufacturer?
  2. ecoplumbing

    ecoplumbing Active Member

    Can you post a picture of the setup? Hard to picture what you're trying to do.
  3. Heat

    Heat Screwfix Select

    Agreed a photo would help.
    You can get a flexible pan to soil pipe connector that has a 90 degree bend on pan end.
  4. Heat

    Heat Screwfix Select

  5. Dave the Curious

    Dave the Curious New Member

    OP here. Thank-you for your responses. I can see why a picture would help but the position is quite awkward so I will make a better attempt to describe this.

    The soil pipe needs to extend about 250mm straight backwards from the pan and then turn a 90-degree bend along the wall and into the stack. Most pan connectors that include a right angle bend seem to force you to position the bend much closer to the pan (unless I am misunderstanding something about how they work).
  6. Heat

    Heat Screwfix Select

    If you have the space you seem to suggest, you could just use pipe and bends.
    The bend size is the issue if space is limited, but if an ordinary 90 degree bend won’t fit you could also try a tight radius bend or a M&F tight radius bend.
    So basically what you require I guess is just some 110mm pipe, a pan connector and a 110mm bend of some type.
    Note that you can use push fit or solvent weld 110mm fittings.

    If you don’t understand the M&F term it means a male to female fitting, female being the joint and the male side same size as 110mm pipe
  7. Dave the Curious

    Dave the Curious New Member

    Thank-you for your patience - naive OP here! Yes, I want to use 110mm rigid pipe and bends. (As you advised, I will avoid the flexible pipe). What does this thing you call a "pan connector" look like? Is it one of these?

    If I buy one of these, can I push this onto the 100mm china pan outlet and then push 110mm pipe into this connector? If so, then I now understand how to connect everything.
  8. terrymac

    terrymac Screwfix Select

    Yes. Pan connector joins pan outlet to waste pipe. If you use an elbow ( bend on the 110 mm horizontal),it has to have a short length of the 110 mm pipe in the elbow.
    Heat likes this.
  9. Heat

    Heat Screwfix Select

    Or an M&F bend would have the male end same as a pipe, if it was correct distance needed for pan connector

Share This Page