Toilet installation in Basement

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Matthew Blease, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Matthew Blease

Matthew Blease New Member

I have a utility room in my basement that I want to convert to a bathroom. The room is at the back of the house. The only place that the soil pipe exits the house currently is from the bathroom on the first floor at the front of the house. Is it possible to route waste water from an upflush/saniflo toilet from the basement where it could connect to the soil pipe in the first floor bathroom?

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It depends on the height of the first floor floor - the maximum the units will pump vertically is normally around 4m.

There are plenty of other solutions as Saniflo is quite expensive.

You need to consider if you are going to have a shower or a bath. With a bath that is quite a lot of pumping to do to get rid of the waste - it will take quite a few minutes and be noisy

You also need to allow a means to clear blockages - this is one buig thing people forget. The pipe blocks and you have a long length of pipe full of &*%$ and when you disconnect the unit - there is only one place it can go back into the basement

3. Matthew Blease

Matthew Blease New Member

Thanks sospan, So are you basically saying I can pump up to the ground floor only? Is it possible to connect to the existing outside soil pipe at this level. If not could you tell me what other options I can explore?