Toilet pan waste connector level problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by rookie, Oct 2, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie New Member

i am about to fit a new toilet pan and have discovered that the new toilet pan waste pipe level is lower than the existing connector to the waste stack. can a toilet flush slightly upwards by a couple of inches? and if so, what kind of connector will do the job?

2. sorry man..** wont flow uphill

3. Purple Box

Purple Box New Member

Try one of these
    Screwfix Quote No: 17529

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

12145 offset pan connector

5. bath master

bath master New Member

A couple of inches is to much, it will all end up back in the pan. Raise the pan by putting it on a solid bit of wood or alter the soil pipe no other way.

6. Cripps

Cripps New Member

I've got the same problem, just wondering if all toilets have the same height waste pipe i.e. Can I get a new toilet with a higher waste pipe?

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

most toilet outlets are the same height & unlikely you'll get anything higher.

8. Cripps

Cripps New Member

Ok thanks, is my only solution to raise the existing toilet or lower the stack?
    Also my old toilet fit well and was higher than the stack (but we wanted to replace the toilet with a new one) has the standard height of the waste pipe of toilets changed then as our floor height hasn't

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What is your stack, plasic or cast iron.

Think metric may have somthing to do with it.

10. Cripps

Cripps New Member

Plastic stack.
    It's quite far out at least an inch lower so not sure it would be the change to metric.

11. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

does the section of waste pipe come thru your wall several inches ? and if you measure from floor up to bottom of pipe ( at the wall )and again at the open end of the pipe , what is the height difference? if the measurement at the wall brings you closer to the level of your WC pan outlet you may be able to do it .

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got photo

13. Cripps

Cripps New Member

I can upload a photo tomo (not at home at the mo)
    Terrymac, sorry to be thick but not sure what the last part means of your message?
    I can measure the difference tomorrow of both the bottom of the stack and the bottom of the waste pipe from the loo

14. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

OK. ,the pipe comes into the room and its at an angle ,upwards ,so the end of the pipe where the WC meets it ,is higher than it is at the wall . let's say for arguments sake ,that yours is 1 inch difference. you could cut the pipe flush to the wall and your toilet pan outlet would then be closer to that height ,but of course will not reach.but that can be taken up with a pan connector extension or flexi pan connector. does that make sense ? if not don't hesitate to ask.

KIAB likes this.
  15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Exactly.:)

16. Cripps

Cripps New Member

Great I shall have a look tomorrow, thanks again both

17. Cripps

Cripps New Member

IMG_0416.JPG

Attached Files:

18. Cripps

Cripps New Member

Hi both managed to get a picture today and as previously thought the waste pipe isn't lower than the stack, if anything I'd say slightly higher?
    To me it looks like the connector doesn't fit properly and that's where the water is coming from the bottom of the connector. I've suggested to the guy that fitted it a flexible connector, any other suggestions as don't think cutting the stack is an option with the sinks waste pipe going to it

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:eek: Wow!

Total hash up, first time I've seen a strap on boss used like that.:eek:

terrymac likes this.
  20. Cripps

Cripps New Member

What's a strap on boss?