Toilet paper

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tetleyman, Mar 5, 2010.

1. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

When you were a kid what was hung behind the door hung on a nail in your outside lavvi we again had newspaper cut into squares with a piece of string threaded though, the tv times or radio times were no use because they were to glossey same went for any magazines

2. don reed

don reed New Member

We were so poor i had to get all my clothes from the army surplus stores. It's not much fun going to school dressed like a Grenadier Guard i can tell you.

3. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

Grow up.

4. don reed

don reed New Member

And risk having an ego as big as yours?

5. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

stop braggin' tetleyman, T.V times indeed, no blugger had a telly when you was a lad,

6. Ú¶

Ú¶ New Member

donathan, my ego is merely an average 9" when aroused.

7. don reed

don reed New Member

Then tickle my tonsils big boy.

8. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

Owd on a min, wey had tele fot 1953 crowning, a 12" ferranti all mi antie's un uncle's came in fot watch

9. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

We had a grundig tv.
    i believe 405 was one chanel and 625 the other, one bbc, one itv.
    There was summat to do with uhf and vhf and ours was tuned in with a dail.
    It took a good few minutes to come on and an age for the final dot in the middle of the screen to disappear once turned off.
    The bloke next door had redifussion and could get the "wireless" throught his tv by using a very high tech wall control which made a loud click when turned...........
    Later bbc added a second chanel, though wern't sure if having three chanels available to the public was a bit over the top!!!!!!!!
    They inventively called this second chanel bbc...........2
    ;)

10. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

Oh ............. i also remember my dad putting the live wires into the 2 pin socket with a couple of matches because someone stood on the plug and broke it :)

11. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

my auntie had a 9"tele with a big magnifying screen in front of it you had to sit straight in front of it or everything was distorted,We had a box fitted to ours so we could get itv

12. The Dormouse

The Dormouse New Member

I put together a 5" TV from ex-radar parts during my demob leave in 1949. A magnifying screen bought the green display up to a fairly tolerable 9". Neighbours used to come round to watch special programmes, & no one complained about the green picture. I had to erect a huge homemade H aerial on the back of the house because the chimney didn't look strong enough.

13. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

"I believe 405 was one chanel and 625 the other, one bbc, one itv."

Wrong audi,,, 405 and 625 were the amount of lines on the TV (resolution i think) one had 405 lines horizontally and the other 625 lines. 4o5 lines were used by black and white tv's then later on when colour came out 625 lines were the norm. ;)

14. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

We got our first TV in 1969 to watch the moon landings! We also watched the maiden flight of Concorde on TV and then ran out of the house to watch it land at RAF Fairford.

I was very proud to be one of the first children to go on Concorde and meet Brian Trubshaw the test pilot as a prize for getting top marks in the local 11 plus!..whatever happened to that clever little boy?

How did I end up a plumber ?

15. ­

­ New Member

We had a 60" tv in 1917 (full colour naturelement) so we could watch WW1 live. It was great, all those Tommys attacking all those Jerries.

After the war Tom and Jerry started their own tv series and then invented expensive ice cream.

Complete true facts.

16. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

It was most disconcerting to have to * into a screwed up piece of the Radio Times. I wonder how I managed to grow into a well rounded adult.

[Edited by: admin]

17. Itandje

Itandje New Member

do ya mean as in 'well rounded but rather thin'
    you'd probably have been better using emery cloth.

18. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

Has anyone here ever tried their sister's clothes on?

19. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

Just for a laugh, like.

20. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

Nothing weird, like