Toilet Seat removal help.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Roadrunner45, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Roadrunner45

Roadrunner45 New Member

Hello ,

My Bemis toilet seat hinge is broken and i plan to fit a new toilet seat and i could do with some help/advice with the following questions -

How do i remove the old seat , i have attached a few images showing the fixing as the fixing underneath does not have a standard bolt type head for a spanner etc , it is just a round part and not sure how i undo it?

What toilet seat can i buy to replace it and to make sure it fits the existing holes , do i need to check the size or are toilet seats all a standard size and hole positions?

Also it is worth spending a lot of money on a toilet seat or what make would you recommend for reasonable quality?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

In the bottom picture. Lift / pop off flaps. Plastic or metal bolt through with nut on other side.
    Plastic by looks of it

3. Roadrunner45

Roadrunner45 New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know What toilet seat can i buy to replace it and to make sure it fits the existing holes , do i need to check the size or are toilet seats all a standard size and hole positions?

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I have one like that so seat may need to have stick out hinges vs hinge under seat pivot. Otherwise it won't stand up. Depends where your cistern is and how far past vertical the room you have.if you follow.
    Take that off and take it shopping with you

5. Croydex eyre or croydex Constance seats depending on if u need a standard or a D shaped seat are both sold at screwfix and are really good quality soft close seats, with both normal fixings and top fixing kits included.

6. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

+1 for Croydex.

Deleted member 246321 likes this.