Toilet seat removal issue

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Di Walsh, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Di Walsh

Di Walsh New Member

I have been trying to remove a toilet seat see pictures, there are no threads below pan to unscrew, there are no hidden buttons above the pan, no levers anywhere to release the seat. The wholes seat will move forwards, left and right and even move diagonally if you try but will not come off...
    If anyone has come across a toilet seat like this any hints/tips on how to replace it would be most appreciated. Every video I look at or post I read never look anything like mine. The seat itself is quite grubby now and I just want to replace it with a new one. I can't even buy a new one yet until I can figure out the workings of it so that I buy the correct replacement, thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

The exact same seat was posted on a plumbers forum in the last couple of months but I don`t have time to go looking so try the search box in top left corner of the page.

I`ll take a stab and say it is a button at the back of the central piece between the hinges.

3. Di Walsh

Di Walsh New Member

Thanks Just Pumps, I've already gone down that route but there are not buttons anywhere front, side or back. I am at the stage of taking the hammer and screw driver to it. I am sat watching Yout Tube videos and every seat it differnt to how mine looks. My husband it about to have a look at it for me before I break it once and for all. I'l keep you posted :(

4. just pumps

Hacksaw will cause less possible damage than hammer & screwdriver if needs must.

5. just pumps

6. just pumps

If you can get to this stage the two end pins unscrew and the whole lot pulls up and away (so I read). Might not unscrew all the way, might just be through 90 degrees. Sorry to be vague.

7. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

The whole seat pulls forward ,towards you. Leaving the mounting anchors and base plate still fixed to the pan.
    Pretty sure the whole seat ,including the rectangular plastic plate is as one.

8. Di Walsh

Di Walsh New Member

Thanks eveyone, it's off. A bit of brute force won in the end :)

9. just pumps

G
    Glad it is off, what is the correct way of removing it?