Toilet seat

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Madeleine Berks, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Madeleine Berks

Madeleine Berks New Member

The space between the holes on my toilet is narrower than any of the spaces on all the toilet seats that I look at. I have had two new seats put on in the last few years years, and they all go sideways, then eventually break off. Having taken it all apart myself this time I see that the last plumber fixed a kind of raw-plug and washer and dragged it all to one side. Consequently I suppose that is why they all go wonky. Could it be that my toilet is dated and new measurements won't ever fit? Thanks. Everthorpe.

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

You remind me to fix my seat. I put blob of polymer mastic under fixing in an attempt to hold seat. Seems to work for a while. As for which seat will fit you need to look at the seat fitting measurements and find one that fits..

3. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

There are brackets which can be fixed underneath the seat to stop it going sideways, some people do like to wiggle around when sitting down.

4. Madeleine Berks

Thank you for your reply. I don't think that will work. I measure everything before I go looking. It is basically the holes on the actual lavatory that are narrower than all the holes on all of the seats that I look at. The actual size of the seat that you sit on vary a lot, so therefore I have found plenty that will be OK for that. It's just lining up the holes that hold the seat on to the toilet. Thank you anyway

5. Madeleine Berks

I just can't find a seat that lines up with the holes on the lavatory. Thank you any way

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The seats usually have offset adjustments to allow for fitting a wide range of pans.

7. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Consealed toilets where you can't get under to put nut on to hold seat the packs contain a raw plug. This allows the seat to be fitted from the top. The holes in toilet are a little smaller to allow for seat to be fitted this way... Maybe you need a seat for a consealed toilet... This toilet seat below is fitted from the top. No way to get under.
    [​IMG]

Madeleine Berks likes this.
  8. just pumps

Is your toilet pan like the one above?
    What is the distance between the centers of the holes?
    Where have you looked for seats?

9. Madeleine Berks

10. Madeleine Berks

11. Madeleine Berks

How do I know if I have answered the correct post
    I don't have a clue who's post I am answering. I am confused as to where to write. Hope that I in the right place now. Anyway. Thanks to everyone for taking the trouble to help me out.
    The space between the two holes on my toilet is ... from the centre to centre 16.5 cent. or 6 1/2 inches.

I have been to B&Q; A local store, and screw fix.

12. Madeleine Berks

My toilet pan is not modern like the picture. Do you think that mine is the old system of measurement?

13. Madeleine Berks

I hope that I have replied to you.

14. just pumps

Two ways of answering Madeleine, easy way is to click on "Reply" in bottom right corner of the post or address the poster by name.

15. Madeleine Berks

I hope that I have replied to you

16. just pumps

You did. :D

17. Madeleine Berks

I do click on reply, but then there doesn't seem to be a specific place to write my reply. But maybe I have found it now. Hope so.

18. Madeleine Berks

Whew.

19. just pumps

20. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select