toilet waste

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by nearnwales, Jun 22, 2008.

1. nearnwales

nearnwales Member

I have a new house with a big cupboard on the side of my bedroom and thinking of using it as a en site trouble I have is getting the toilet waste to the soil stack. Being a new house the soil pipe is inside and boxed in the corner of my bathroom the joist which are the new silent ones are running the right way for some of it but I will have to cross some of them to connect them both up . Any ideas lads don't want the pipe on the outside thou

cheers all .

2. drill driver

drill driver New Member

Nearnwales.I dont really know the answer to your problem but you may be able to help me as I`ve taken good advice from you before.
    The extention I have is pebble dashed.I want to render over it.I don`t want to take it back to the block so I plan on using SBR mixed with cement to a slurry as a bonding agent with a 10mm floating coat on top.Would you advise this?
    I was going to put a scratch coat then a float coat but although the existing two coats are firmly attached I was thinking that two coats may be too strong .I plan on using a 6:1 mix with a good shovelful of lime and feb.I would appreciate your opinion on this.

3. jenros

jenros New Member

hi there,
    why not use a saniflo? the one you require is a sanitop model.you could plumb this into the back of the soil pipe of your existing wc,all you need is basic overflow pipe and your done. the sanitop will run a toilet and basin,i think it will pump verticle 5meters,andabout 10 meters horizontal.around £320.00.

4. jenros

jenros New Member

reply to drill driver,
    iwould not bother with sbr coat(although i havent seen the spar or what condition it is in)i would jet wash the entire elevation off,this removes all dirt,grime and any algee with will be ingrained into the spar,scratch coat over the top/mix at four sand one cement aprox shovel of lime per mix,hope this helps.