toilets that cant flush waste sideways?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Madeofale, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

im having a back to wall pan that ill need to have the waste turn 90 degrees to then exit through the wall and then 90 degrees again for a 4 footish run to the stack pipe

on looking at pans ive noticed victoria plum on all their toilets have a picture saying if the waste can exit vertical horizontal or sideways and they all say no for sideways, not come acreoss anyone else that say which way they can or cant be flushed away

are they full of what my toilet will be full of before it gets flushed or are they right?

seen loads of bogs over the years that have a bend on the back to direct it sideways so never heard of this one

terrymac likes this.
  2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

If your soil pipe is such ,that it has to connect horizontally from the side of the WC pan ,any back to the wall pan will not facilitate this. If the pan sits against a cabinet it is possible.

3. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

4. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

thats what i was going for if it makes sence from the poor drawing skills

5. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

i can see a couple of their listed close coupled do sideways, but id need to breach the stud wall before i could go sideways, going sideways instantly would leave the pipe in the room and look garb, i cant turn the loo onto the external wall otherwise whilst on the job your face would be right in the basin thats going right next to the pan

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

If it's going against a wall that you have access behind ,as your sketch,then it's not connecting to the pan sideways,it's coming straight out and then into a bend. No worries on that front .

Deleted member 246321 likes this.
  7. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Just make sure the fall is right and dont use flexi on that. Go for decent McAlpine

just pumps likes this.
  8. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

that was my plan, instead of having the btw on a cabinet i was going to have it against the wall and mount the concealed cistern on the other side of the wall, its loft space on the other side so full access, the outlet from the pan will need to pass the 4 inch stud wall with straight 4" soil before it could bend and pass through the external wall and then bend again to the run to the stack, i was planning on using solid 90 bends and not flexi

ive seen the equation for the fall so the dump and water travel together

so will i still be ok with a btw even though vicky plum say they wont waste sideways, no other sites etc mention anything about pans not going sideways which is whats got me baffled

really appreciate your help btw, i can do real life pics if itll help with the answer, i just dont want to do how i had it planned to only find the log wont leave the factory when the bathrooms finished

9. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

As long as you achieve the required fall your good to go .

10. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

awesome news i can carry on as i planned, once again very much appreciate your advice/time

11. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

just while im talking to someone who knows what they are talking about, on the bends i was to belive i had to run them into a socket at each connection, so the bend would have to be like a street 90 if you related it to copper fittings, there only seems to be straight lengths in 3 metres with a socket on, i just imagine if i used the 90 4 inch corner with sockets on each end the waste would hit the ridge/burr on the socket as it exits the 90 bend and be slowed down

sorry if im not making sense