Toms top tips from than award :-)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Copper Dragon, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Give it a rest 1tap, no one cares!!..........In a country where a DaftyDIY'er can do their own gas work, why should the people that pay a fortune to be Gas Safe RGis care about what else they can do to kill themselves or their family. This country is full of double standards when it comes to safety - so don't preach to us.

Of course compressed air is dangerous, but we can't treat everyone like we live in a Nanny State!

2. 1tap

1tap New Member

Gas Safe RGis care about what else they can do to................."

An absolute classic. I will save it to quote in future.

I know about compressed air. You do not.

3. Teuchter

Teuchter New Member

I love Mr Plum more than anyone else in the whole world and hope to marry him one day. Having read this thread, tho', I have to grudgingly accept that 1tap may have a point.

(I did express my disappointment on the other Mr Plum Top Tips thread that He didn't deliberately leave out a grab ring for effect. I'm now sooo glad he didn't...)

4. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Gentlemen, if you had to pay for all the staff training & Gas Safe fees etc, you also would not care a jot about what DaftyDIY'ers do. We have a double standard here.

We are not all taking part in this trendy leftie Nanny State that Blair has left us with. If someone wants to go on Utube, get the details & make a home made bomb & blow themselves into next Tuesday - carry on, I don't give a flying *!!

Granted, my experience with compressed air is limited to pumping up tyres & expansion vessels. Also, testing systems as Tom demonstrated & I know the dangers. But as a quick dry test on a plastic system, it has been used for a number of years & I support Tom 110% in posting up his video of the method involved. So give it a rest Nanny Teuchter & Nanny 1tap.

[Edited by: admin]

5. 1tap

1tap New Member

For a comparison, what you are proposing is probably equivalent, in terms of incompetence, to testing for gas leaks with a cigarette lighter. I'd imagine the RGIs would have something to say if I were to suggest such a gas leak test on a DIY forum. We know people who do it, they haven't killed themselves, but it does not follow that it is a safe practice.

Sadly, Mr. Puller, you are exhibiting signs of a common delusions among RGIs, the belief that knowing the contents of the Viper pamphlet you had to study for the RGI test makes you an engineer and you can now pontificate about all engineering subjects. The reality is that you know jack about compressed air. The level of ignorance among RGIs about simple fluid mechanics, corrosion, pipe expansion, insulation, etc.. is to be seen in the averagly-crappy domestic heating installations in the UK.

The fact is that it is a dangerous practice and anyone doing it would find themselves, their cheap compressor and their dodgy, cheap, uncalibrated pressure gauge being booted off any competently-managed commercial building site.

If you have an opinion about gas, Mr. Puller, I will be all ears. On any other engineering matters, I'd suggest you keep your uninformed opinions to yourself lest you make a fool of yourself.

There is one daft DIYer on this thread; it is you.

6. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Sounds like someone has a bee in their bonnet

7. 1tap

1tap New Member

More like someone has spent a lot of time trying to protect people from know-it-all idiots and putting wound dressings on the mangled tissue when he didn't.

8. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

1tap, you've not read my posts & trying to drag everyone into your own little 'jobs worth' world. One point you have missed; if some dafty wants to test pipework as Tom has demonstrated, that's up to them, it's still(just) a free country.................It's plonkers like you that's got our Skoolkids going to Skool sporting hi-viz vests ***!! And don't permit Teacher to break up a fights in the playground??!!..........H&S my arze, what a load of rubbish.

We are trained & qualified in gas installation & servicing gas appliances. But your trendy leftie weak Labour government permit DaftyDIY'ers to do their own.

You & the other jobs worth plonkers, with your beige clothes & the personality of a damp rat, should be shipped to a small island!!

9. Teuchter

Teuchter New Member

And with that, Mr Puller lost the argument... :(

10. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Regardless of you Nanny Teuchter & Nanny 1tap, Thomas aint gonna remove the vid.............So V, up yours..........:^O :^O :^O

Vote Conservative!!!

11. Teuchter

Teuchter New Member

*!

[Edited by: admin]

12. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

:^O :^O :^O :^O

13. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Yes, latest update; '30 DaftyDIY'ers & 6 CC/CCC were rushed to Hospital today after following instructions on a misleading dangerous video on Utube, a Wigan man is helping the Polis with their inquireies'

Be careful out there & ensure your kids wear their hi-viz vest at all times!!!

14. tightenit

tightenit New Member

We really need more of Tom's outtakes. Passing local hurls pie crust enviously near his new van. Tom dives like van de saar to protect his motor.Even funnier would be a spoof risk assessment of him using 30 year old grips in tandem to tighten a 15mm iso valve.Even him lighting his blowlamp (cylinder fed note, not canister) is hilarious.Just loved the copper to lead connection using a long screwdriver as a clamp.

15. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

blimey, just been released, good job a have a good brief,
    charges pending are:-
    disfigureing the queen head on 2 video's
    making illegal joints,( drug sqaud got excited)
    making bed pans out of unsuitable material likey to cause lead poisoning.
    discrimination against snowmen.
    busking without a permit
    pressurizing waterpipes with no reguard to passerby's walking under overflow.
    useing a blowlamp in a confind space with no apparent extinguisher,
    freeing pump without giving warning of electrical danger.

police officers present
    Di onetap and PC walter.

16. Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon New Member

Well I am glad you have been released Tom, don't let this nanny state prevent you from further productions.

17. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Tom, you are clearly a danger to the general public...............:^O :^O :^O

18. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

by the way dick,thanks for that call you put through to the lodge, i'd still be banged up only for you postin' the bail money,,,,,many thanks

19. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Friends in high places Tom, friends in high places.........;)

20. Itandje

Itandje New Member

So've I, me mate's a scaffolder.