Tony Blair

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by proby, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

As I've said before, her Remain vote could well have been her looking after no1 vote and now she's in her element.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Fair enough, the West's and Isreal's treatment of the Palestinians is despicable.

3. Phil the Paver

Totally the wrong way around, I would say talking to friends, that 10/15% of remain votes were through fear of the unknown.

I firmly believe if there was an other refendum it would be a larger vote for leave.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The unknown is still unknown.
    Lets have another referendum then.

5. Phil the Paver

What so you can cry in your pillow all over again, who will you drag out of the woodwork (pun) to represent you then, you could dig up Teddy Heath. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You're very confident but from what I've heard from people who voted leave some, not all, are regretting it.
    This is just people that I know and is from all political spectra.

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, I don't doubt that for a second.
    A good proportion (imo) of voters based their decision on little more than what they heard from the media and their immediate peers. Both sides!
    For them to be regretful of their choice, based on media and peer opinions is no surprise to me.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

But the media that was pro brexit still is or have I misunderstood you?

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Do you not think the Palestinian's treatment of Israeli's was just as despicable? I ask again, where was Blair when all this kicked off a few years ago? Rather quiet at the time for the Middle East Peace Envoy.

10. That is rubbish, sorry.

Why would she support remain when she had a free vote but in her heart be definitely anti europe.

Sorry but that is just clutching at straws

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What media that is on the normal goggaly box is pro-brexit?

12. Exactly.

It wasn't. Immigration was

13. So you are not concerned about May under Trump, but Blair under Bush was dangerous.

Excuse the euphemisms, but this scenario looks worse than Blair was.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The Palestinians were kicked out of their land so Israel could be formed and the Isreali's have been trying to kick them into the sea ever since, backed by America.

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's called 'towing the party line', or not rocking the boat, Jack.
    Completely understandable.

16. But you have to look at the jewish position in Usa to see it in context. Not saying it's right. It's not!

17. Rubbish again.

Towing the party line is what she is doing now. Not her free choice to exit !

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I don't watch TV news but in print all the right wing rags are pro brexit, which seeing as they are all based offshore is a bit rich.

longboat likes this.
  19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I don't understand that, sorry.

20. Badly worded maybe. Drink huh.

But it is meant, how USA has backed israel versus palestine.

Apparantly there are more jewish in usa than Israel