Tony Blair

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by proby, Feb 17, 2017.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, you're right. We haven't left yet.
    These draconian consequences were put out there as a threat, a blackmail tactic that many, many voters were susceptible to.
    And, they were supposed to take affect within weeks of a leave vote.
    But we will see in a few year's time if their prophecies of doom are correct.won't we?

If all your wishes come true, I bet you'll be falling over yourself to "say it again".

2. proby

proby Active Member

So a survey says some people that voted leave would now vote remain in a new vote. I wonder how many people that couldn't get past without answering told the truth. I wonder how many that voted remain now wished they had voted leave, must be some, as we didn't get the plagues of doom that were promised. I'm sure some will say it hasn't happened yet, that's just wishful thinking on the part of the doom mongers.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

We haven't left yet.

4. proby

proby Active Member

Your a Blair supporters?

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is that you're or your?

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

And there's only one of me, the other two words in your four word sentence are OK. :):)

7. proby

proby Active Member

My mistake shouldent have bothered on a Saturday night.

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I have two things to say:

Tony Blair is a little late to the party! Has it suddenly dawned on him that the result was leave? And it did get me when he stated we need to 'convince the leavers they are wrong', wasn't that the very job of the remain group? The very people had a big play in the end result IMO. Where were the posters stating what we gain from the EU, oh, that's right, nowhere. They couldn't organize a **** up in a brewery:mad:.

And my little 'theory' to why the leavers don't want a second referendum. I reckon if another was held (which I know won't happen) then there would be significantly less people voting leave. I have spoken to many peeps that regret voting leave, and two leavers on here have stated they regret doing so. I would even put money on it.

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

A few facts about the NHS for ya to mull over Jack.

Facts about Labour's NHS record that they don't want you to know.

1) Labour brought PFI into the NHS;

2) Labour is obsessed with bureaucracy and turned the... NHS into a system whereby patients were treated as numbers and front-line staff weren't trusted to do their jobs;

3) Labour made 30,000 front-line staff redundant in 2005, when there was a panic about "NHS deficits", yet later admitted that the cuts didn't need to be made after all;

4) Labour opposed increases in NHS funding back in 2010 when Andy Burnham was Shadow Health Secretary;

5) Labour prefer to increase international aid rather than fund our NHS;

Off topic I know, but these threads are rather fluid.

On one point I must disagree...
    Nah, the Remain camps arguments were based on conjecture at best and FEAR at the worst. They even got Obama to say we'd be at the back of the bloody queue when it came to negotiating a trade deal. They got Osborne to stand up and say we'd be hit with a budget of doom and gloom if we dared vote to leave........ Now where is Osborne? After dinner speaker at £100,000 a pop... Are you gonna book him to speak at your next dinner party? Nah,, didn't think so. ;);)

longboat and Joe95 like this.
  10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That's different to peeps I've spoken too, because the doom and gloom hasn't happened, Lots of peeps would now vote leave, they only voted remain due to D&G

I'm sure they are leavers that would vote remain too, but I'd put money on the leave vote being greater than before.

11. proby

proby Active Member

I think you would find there would be a lot less people voting after all if a democratic vote isn't acceptable then what's the point in voting at all.

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

And then we'd have the Remainiacs out in force complaining that only 40% of the electorate turned out.. (and also claiming that the other 60% who couldn't be a***d would have voted to remain) Ya just can't win. :p:p:p

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

lol

14. Irrelevant argument. I'm not a labour supporter. But I do have something to post on that subject, tomorrow, I can't do from my phone.

Brexit isn't a party political vote is it.

So the big red bus, do you remember that ?

15. In all the press, of any political leaning, I have never seen any study, poll, opinion or other that supports that theory.

Every report I have seen strongly suggests the opposite, a change of vote to remain.

More conjecture to support more misinformation.

And still nobody has explained actually what was voted for. By that I mean, from government level.

I know what you think you voted for on here, but was that really what you voted for? How can you say yes, when you don't yet know what brexit means ?

16. Phil the Paver

Of course you have, you read Liberal, left type media.
    Don't forget pre vote, all the press, polls, studies, etc etc, were for remain so i wouldn't get too excited about those.
    People on the street matter and people won't be easily scared a second time.
    As I've said, having Blair on your side will bring people to mine.

17. I will try again for you.

I am a floating voter, by choice. I read and listen to the media from all political sides.

I am happy to be called a liberal, I have explained its meaning to you. The more you use the term incorrectly the more I like it. The word you mean is available, but keep using liberal. It makes me feel good.

As somebody on Bbc interview said. What he said, needed saying. Just a pity it wasn't sonebody else who said it.

That means, he didn't like Blair but agreed with his point of view. As do a lot of rational thinkung people.

Link me to a poll suggesting a revote would be an increase in a brexit vote?

18. http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...n/_94223385_nhs_govt_spending_slowdown_v3.png

19. Phil the Paver

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/19/europe/cnn-brexit-poll/

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2017-02-17/how-do-you-feel-about-brexit-vote-now/

This one is weird in the sense it's a would you change your vote poll, but doesn't specifically state to either remain or leave.
    87% wouldn't, but what of the 13% are they leavers or Remainers now????

20. I think it's fair to say that there hasn't been any significant swing to Remain since the vote, for the simple reason that people haven't been significantly hit by an economic downturn yet.

And also for the same reason as I've always said - for the vast majority of Leavers, they aren't open to reasoned arguments, mostly emotive ones. So they still reckon it's going to be 'great'...

So as far as I am concerned, the more people who approach the proper arguments full on, the better.

Probes, Longs, JJ and Phil - you did hear Johnson's(?) reply to Blair's intervention, didn't you? What was the gist of it - a reasoned rebuttal? No, of course not - he said that Blair was 'insulting the intelligence of the British people'.

Honest question to you all - what did you think and feel in your core when Boris said that? I'm guessing it could be one of two things;

1) Yeah! Bludy insulting my intelligence - how dare Blair! Or,

2) Hmmm, you are the one 'insulting my intelligence' by being so patronising - playing to fragile egos - and trying to close down any further discussion on the matter by not even being open to argument?

Which is it?