Too dear?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tightenit, Dec 9, 2007.

1. doitall

doitall New Member

i thought it was so the Jocks could pinch the skirts :D:D

2. oooops

oooops Active Member

hello takethemoneyandrun. hows tricks?

3. doitall

doitall New Member

hello takethemoneyandrun. hows tricks?

He's left the building

4. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

So if he'd been English he'd have been right about the price, would he, and you'd have done it for less?

5. I would still like to know how you would move a radiator 30 miles with just 10m of tube ?

6. sooyar

sooyar New Member

The east european thought that was a
    ridiculous price.[/QUOTE]So if he'd been English he'd
    have been right about the price, would he, and you'd
    have done it for less?

So, what's your point there then racist finder-general.

7. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

Just curious to know if tightenit would have been in agreement with the price challenge if the customer had been English.

8. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Just curious to know if tightenit would have been in
    agreement with the price challenge if the customer
    had been English.

60 mile round trip, £30.00 materials, 3 1/2 hrs estimated working time, year 2007. Don't be so *stupid

[Edited by: admin9]

9. tightenit

tightenit New Member

His origin was only of any consequence because he spoke poor english and I don't think he really understood my costs breakdown. My quote was too cheap anyway and did not leave a margin for all the likely problems to be encountered.My instincts in business are based on assessing the individuals customers willingness to pay and the likelihood of their being a pain in the neck.Their ethnic or racial origins in this regard are irrelevant. £100 ***!!

10. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Ignore that *tightenit, he gets all exited if he thinks he's unearthed somebody making "racist" comments on here. He probably wants to ban father christmas cos he's white.

[Edited by: admin9]

11. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

There's no way Father Christmas is getting back into our house!!! He emptied his sack on the kids bedroom floor last year!!

12. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

There's no way Father Christmas is getting back into
    our house!!! He emptied his sack on the kids bedroom
    floor last year!

Hope you named and shamed him on the sex offenders register Dick or was it just yourself coming home drunk after your annual Santa night shift stint at Debenham's ?

13. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I didn't know Debenhams was open during the night, Jeez, what are these High Street retailers like, eh!! Don't tell the kids, they'll want a visit Santa at 3 in the morning ***!!

14. ally1957

ally1957 New Member

Feckin hell. !!! Your kids are forty years old and they still believe in Santa. Haven't you told them that he's just another CCC chancing his hand ?

15. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Apologetic call for help from said individual. Decided to diy the rad move and couldn't refill. So I still got £100 minus the cost of time, travel and a 22 x 15 compression tee.What goes around comes around nicht war?

16. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Nice one, but would have told said individual to **** off myself. Vindictive cretin that I am.

17. tightenit

tightenit New Member

That's exactly what my missus said as she tucked into her samosas, chicken tikka massala and bottle of red courtesy of the clever one. But, sooyar - I totally agree with you. I should have elbowed him - but strangely enough I think I proved my point. Anyone know the exchange rate for a thousand roubles?

18. sooyar

sooyar New Member

Anyone know the exchange rate for a thousand roubles?

£2.60 He wasn't so stupid after all. :(