Too many wires to fit new ceiling light

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by damian0612, May 14, 2022.

1. damian0612

damian0612 New Member

Hi, I received some great help here to get me started on removing a ceiling rose and witting to a new ceiling light. I’ve put the loop wires in a Wago 222 connector and the same with the earths (as the light is a double insulated a class 2 fitting), I’ve put the switch live into the new light, but I have 5 neutral wires that need to go into the new light fitting but there just isn’t enough room for them all. What I can use to combat this? All help appreciated, thanks

for info: this was old setup and new connector:

D7A11E02-4B1F-4327-B2C0-D5268FBD62C1.jpeg 3B2812A6-A055-408E-8A24-0A763CCE16AE.jpeg

2. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Do the same with neutral wires.Terminate them in your wago box. Then supply your line and neutral feed to your fitting using 2core.

RSC and damian0612 like this.
  3. damian0612

damian0612 New Member

thanks for the reply, I’m not totally clear on this. So I put all 5 neutral wires into another Wago 222 connector. I then connect the neutral from some 2core wire into this also and the other end into the new light fitting? Thanks

4. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Yes:)

damian0612 likes this.
  5. damian0612

damian0612 New Member

Super, that’s it sorted and working, thanks for the help!

RSC and sparky steve like this.