Tool box vs bag

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by budd, Feb 23, 2008.

1. lamello

lamello New Member

All my kit that will fit in systainers goes in systainers. Uber efficient

2. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

i cant believe we got this much mileage out of BOXES AND BAGS!:):):)

3. xtegmartin

xtegmartin New Member

I've worn the bottom out of my box!! thought it was getting lighter

Martin

4. murrmac

murrmac Member

>> Just ordered two Bucket Boss 56 pocket jobs from usa.
    fit over a bucket. look good.

good choice, multico, I used these when I worked across the pond and they are excellent. I wish I had taken mine back with me :(

5. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

10 year old thread revived!:eek:

AlvyChippy and WillyEckerslike like this.
  6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

By a company selling lunch bags and boxes... I assume they're to keep their spam in....

AlvyChippy likes this.
  7. AlvyChippy

AlvyChippy Active Member

O3/07/2008
    Last post

10/08/2018
    Reply...
    Linking in to promotional page, linking to US Amazon site. .
    On the note of boxes, bags etc.
    Everything depends on job specifics, where as it is impossible to fit all tool's required in to one or even two boxes and never needed for one job, then it becomes too many tools, but always having missing something left in a van or home or workshop...
    Lately started to use one box for power tools, to use on the job on the day (rest is in a van)
    One bag for cordless tools, batteries and chargers
    One hard tool bag for main hand tools
    One bucket for more specific hand tools from a different box
    One folding table
    One set of folding tressels +cables+spirit levels or lasers (in its own box)

And already, having trying to set myself the particular task-job every morning I end up with too many or too little of tool's anyway. :(

Days like it, I miss doing workshop jobs, but when in one, miss doing site work...
    And of most, I literally wish to drive my van right in to the job, so would have all tools "by hand" IE on 5'th storey building stairwell... :p

8. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Have too many tools, sure they breed, usually use boxes for some of them,got multi drawer filing cabinets in workshop for hand tool storage,& I need more, also got side filers for power tool storage, but not enough.

Have a patio to do here, seriously considering to get someone in to do it.:eek:
    Suddenly finding it hard work now.:(

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  9. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

The sun's come out to keep you warm

10. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Yep, I have had to use a crutch more and more recently to move about. The trouble is, if you don't battle on it becomes a slippery slope to spending days in an arm chair. It just a matter of taking your time and not pushing it too much.

KIAB likes this.
  11. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

A bit old fashioned, but for tools when working, the plumbers grip is good. It spreads out and you can see all your hand tools. It also keeps the job clean and tidy.

WillyEckerslike likes this.