Trade counters in the dark/ Management on April fool

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by jamlawrence, Oct 9, 2006.

1. jamlawrence

jamlawrence New Member

Have you ever had the surreal experience of trying to find out if a trade counter has what you want.It would seem the easiest task in the world but no.......
    1 Ring up screwfix, the call centre cannot check their database for stock at a particular trade counter (and why not????,)and you ask for the direct number of the trade counter
    2 Take sharp intake breath when you find out they wont give out the number of their own store!!
    3 Regroup and but find the number is X directory!!
    4 Give up and go down to the local builders merchant and save yourself the disappointment of a wasted journey!

How management can come up with this is madness. Why put a system in place that devalues the product and antagonises your customers.
    One excuse I was fed was that if screwfix confirm that a product is in stock and by the time you arrive it is sold out then customers have wasted their time. I would always prefer to be told the quantity in stock and decide on this information whether to make the trip to the trade counter.
    I hope anyone reading this will add there own thoughts to this farcical business practise and like to hear of others having a hard time with this absurdity.
    James

2. Jonny Round Boy

Jonny Round Boy New Member

I agree, it's stupid. I've not experienced this at Screwfix (simply 'cos I don't use the trade counters) but I've been trying to get hold of one kitchen door from B&Q for a week and a half now:

Went in to the store the week before last. Got everything except one door. Asked when they would have some in. "they'll be in on Monday". Great, I said, can I order one? "No, sorry. Normally you could, but it's the stocktake this weekend & it'll mess up the figures. Ring on Monday & we'll put one aside for you".

Rang Monday - they've not arrived - try tomorrow. Rang Tuesday - not in, but the computer says they're getting some on Wednesday. Pointed out that the computer said they were getting some on Monday, but didn't. Silent pause, then I hung up.

Rang Wednesday. Not arrived. Asked if they could chase them up from the supplier. "we can't do that, admin do that". "Can I speak to them, then?". "No". Eventually the B&Q monkey agreed to speak to admin, and ring me back. I didn't hold my breath, but suprisingly I did get a call back. The supplier had shipped them, but to B&Q's "central warehouse", from where they are distributed to the individual stores. I asked when the central warehouse would be delivering them to the store. "Oh, I don't know, they don't tell us things like that...".

I've rung every day since, but still no joy. ******!!!

RANT OVER :)