trade test

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by orangeST, Jul 20, 2007.

1. orangeST

orangeST New Member

Hi guys I m siting my trade test in the next few weeks can anyone tell me whats involved in it as your not aloud to use all the trick tolls we all use to day and so i can have a wee preactice with the more tradtional gear or is it really very basic stuff ?

2. JamesG

JamesG New Member

Last time I did one it involved making a mini raised panel door. Only basic hand tool allowed.

3. mikejoiner

mikejoiner Member

it was about 15 years ago but i had to do some skirting round a metal jig ,fit a yale and a 5 lever lock and do a small hip end roof on a jig.all seems easy now ,i remember i was ***** myself at the time though.just take your time ,think twice before you cut once . GOOD LUCK

[Edited by: admin5]

4. orangeST

orangeST New Member

i heard you needed to do the skirting and the hip roof and to hang a door and fit lochs. Im no to worried bout what I have to do just think its weard I cant use my power tools to speed things up anymore insights into the test would be great.