Tradepoint

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dick Puller, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

2. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

the new trade point is using screwfixs catalogue but under their own brand name, same problems as screwfixs trade counters, no stock !! good news is same prices and they have pencils, not like s/f pens :^O fill your box with em !

3. Barn Raiser

Barn Raiser New Member

B & Q is Screwfix, they are the owned by the same company and stock the same things.

Tradepoint is Screwfix. Just branded as 'trade'point to attract new customers to B & Q.
    The supermarkets have been doing it for ages with 'finest' or 'value' ranges.
    Same products re-presented to appeal to different groups.

4. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

b and q is handy for me and closer than the nearest screwfix trade counter, they are doing 'trade' prices on everything now, they have been too expensive on lots of things for too long so you go elsewere as you know the price of lots of things, good on opening hours though

5. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

groups.

All are clever marketing tricks.

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

B & Q is Screwfix, they are the owned by the same company and stock the same things.

Ah BR, I see you CAN read!!

Screwfix at B&Q is certainly better for us, but stock levels at both are always found wanting!!

7. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

I do like the idea of a Screwfix trade counter at my local B&Q, it will certainly be easier. I makes you wonder why they didn't do this in the begining instead of seperate outlets, it would have certainly been discussed......

8. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

there both pretty useless, the merchant i you is just as cheap.out of principle i will not use a store that promotes self checkout.

9. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

b+q appeals to the diyer, because he/she can walk along the ailse and see for themselves the 'thingie' they are looking for, also they can talk to the 'expert' for advice without him laffin when they ask for pipe corners, if these folks go to the trade counter, queues will form as they get their corners, and realise the corners they have bought are the wrong size,or even the wrong item and return them,
    no amount of saving makes a long queue worthwhile,

10. imran_

imran_ New Member

At my BeePoo the trade counter is separate and only trade can use. Not that it's any help, it's always the other side of the warehouse to what you want

11. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

pipe corners thomas ?? LMFAO :^O you cant beat this for laughs

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

Bit like sending a customer to buy you half dozen left hand elbows and half dozen right hand elbows from the merchants :)

13. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

DAB, i can't write stuff like that, it acually happen in city plumbing st helens, a guy in front asked for
    a lenght of thick waste pipe
    2 corners
    and a tub of plumbers best friend,
    :^O

14. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Classic

15. drew peacock

drew peacock New Member

That`s woolybacks for ya!