Trafficmaster Smartnav

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by flateric, Aug 30, 2014.

1. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Anyone had any dealings with this the annual fees are the price of a top of the range satnav

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

always managed to avoid annual fees mate! Bought a Garmin about 2 years ago with lifetime of free updates. ;)

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I bought a A 2 B map about 20 years ago, it serves me well no annual charge,no electric,no hassle, its like a A 2 Z map but not as fat and its great,

FatHands likes this.
  4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

My phone has a built in navigation system. If i am traveling to an area I haven't been I usually go on to goggle maps and print off the directions/map the night before to give me a idea of the area I'm visiting.

5. flateric

£ 266 per annum I don't know if that is inc or plus the horrid added

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

But Tomp can only travel from Altrincham to Burnley. (after that he get's lost.) :p:p:p:p:p

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

JJ I've always found my way around, I sometimes use a lot of petrol to get a short distance though, and why do the road signs not spell things right?,,,,or is it me? :rolleyes:

8. joinerjohn1

Tomp, I've always had this innate ability to find where I'm going. Many years ago I had to drive to Stoke on Trent for the council, to pick up a load of metal fencing stuff. They gave me the address as "Hot Lane" industrial estate, together with rough directions like "Get to Stoke and turn right towards Burslem." Got somewhere in Burslem and pulled over and asked someone walking up the road, where Hot Lane ind estate was. They said they'd lived there all their lives and had never heard of it. Drove a few hundred yards up the road and pulled into a garage to ask. Chap there says, "It's almost over the road, go another 50yds then turn left and your there." Bloody unbelievable, I'd almost reached my destination, without a map. ;);)

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I know John, men have this ability we have a 'homing pigeon' instinct , think about Columbus,Scott and many other men who pioneered travel, you'll notice women hav't got the same ability, never ask a woman for directions :oops:

10. joinerjohn1

I know Tomp,, my missus can't even park the car properly... (mind you she doesn't even have a driving licence, so perhaps it's a good thing) :p:p:p:p:p

11. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

My brother in law is a hgv driver, he's got an attitude about the poles working from his branch of asda's distribution warehouse, one day one of the polish drivers asked him the directions to a shop in Blackburn, he told him," you found your way here did't you,?" and walked away. :)

12. flateric

:D

13. flateric

I am severely geographically challenged and I am of a firm belief that before the satnav people never went anywhere. :D

14. flateric

Been trying it now for a few days not impressed thus far

15. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be driving in your condition Flateric.:)

16. flateric

My driving is fine pb six seven pints........ No probs ..........Hic jus kidding ....... Nine + ...... I am at my best :D Its not that I am good I just don't care

17. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

lol.:p:p

18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I have the old gubbins from a trafficmaster in my Relay. Like the aerial and the microphone but no control unit.

When I went over the bridge in Little Venice enroute to Paddington this voice came booming out of the overhead storage saying "You are approaching the Congestion Zone" I think the speaker has been shoved up there!

It scared me half to death and I almost drove off the bridge into the canal!

19. flateric

I took it out ages ago and went back to the garmin .......... far better. :)

20. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

i just use my phone as a sat nav now, cant do with the hassle with carrying too much around. Its always up to date, and only costs me £15 a month for the contract, as i now own the phone.